- NSA Whistle-Blower: Obama’s Authority To Label ‘Terrorists’ Is The Same Rule The Nazis Issued In 1933
- Judge Orders DOJ to Provide List of ‘Fast & Furious’ Documents Obama Tried to Shield
- ‘Terrorists’ help U.S. in battle against Islamic State in Iraq
- ISIS offered to swap Foley for ‘Lady al Qaeda’: Terrorists wanted return of MIT-educated neuroscientist who was caught with plans for ‘mass casualty attack’ with a dirty bomb, Ebola, and a chemical weapon ‘that spared children’
- Congressional investigators say Bowe Berghdal swap violated law
- Americans among 12,000 foreign fighters in Syria
- Earthquake riddle as spectacular drone footage reveals giant crack in Mexico
40 children taken away from German Christian sect
German police have raided a Christian sect, taking away 40 children, alleging that they had been beaten and abused, according to reports.
More than 100 police targeted two locations of “The Twelve Tribes” in the southern German state of Bavaria, the local Augsburger Allgemeine and Spiegel Online said.
The dawn raids followed “new evidence pointing to significant and ongoing child abuse by the members”, local officials were quoted as saying.
In all, police withdrew from the community’s custody 28 children from one monastery near the town of Deiningen and 12 from a second location, Woernitz.
The children were temporarily handed into the care of foster families.
Witnesses to the raids were quoted as saying the police had met no resistance from the Christian group, which denied the allegations.