The following is an editorial from TRUNEWS host Rick Wiles
Are you curious whats behind President Trump’s surprise decision to launch missiles at Syria on Thursday?
(VERO BEACH, FLA) President Donald Trump bombed Syria last night. John McCain went to bed last night with a big smile on his face. Little Lindsay Graham was singing Happy Days Are Here Again.
Marco Rubio is having nightmares that Syrian President Assad will gas American troops just like he gassed those Syrian children.
The news media is boasting that President Trump is now acting tough like Hillary Clinton.
Nobody’s talking today about Donald Trump being a Russian stooge. Chief of Staff Reince Preibus may be the next White House official to get booted out.
And the President got his Supreme Court nominee approved by the Senate while everybody was talking about Syria. My, my, how things can change in less than 24 hours.
Did the Deep State blackmail President Trump? Did Jared Kushner orchestrate an internal coup for the Goldman Sachs banksters? Or did President Trump carry out a David Copperfield-like magical illusion that fooled his critics? Let’s start with the facts as we know them today:
- Human rights activists claim 70 people were killed Tuesday morning in a Syrian town when a poisonous gas was released during a bombing raid by the Syrian air force.
- Western governments and news media outlets immediately accused Syrian President Assad of gassing innocent people including children.
- Syria denied that it used chemical weapons. Syria also said their pilots bombed weapons depots of ISIS jihadists and that the gas may have been stored in one of the bombed buildings.
- From London to Washington, politicians accused Bashar Assad of being a war criminal, and that the West had to retaliate to teach him a lesson.
- President Trump ordered the Pentagon to bomb a Syrian air force base last night. US warships launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian airfield.
- John McCain, Marco Rubio and many other critics of President Trump hailed the military action as a sign of decisive leadership. President Trump was applauded for doing what Barack Obama was reluctant to do in Syria.
- US officials notified the Russians ahead of the military strike.
- AP News reported that the Syrian airfield was almost completely destroyed. AP said over a dozen hangars, a fuel depot, an air defense base were hit by the US missiles. Russian military officials said six Russian MIG 23 fighter jets, a radar station, a logistics warehouse, a training building, a canteen, and several repair hangars were destroyed. Russia also claims that only 23 of the 59 missiles hit the base.
- Syria said the US missiles killed seven, including four children, and wounded nine more people.
- President Putin said the strike was a significant blow to US – Russian relations. Russia suspended effective April 8 the joint US-Russian agreement meant to minimize the risks of American and Russian warplanes colliding over Syria.
- The based attacked by the US last night is home to Russian special forces and aircraft deployed to Syria to hunt down and kill ISIS jihadists.
- President Putin denounced America’s action as aggression against a sovereign state in violation of the norms of international law.
- Russian prime minister Dmitry Medvedev said the US attack is illegal and had been “one step away from military clashes with Russia.”
- Russia’s deputy ambassador to the UN condemned President Trump’s aggression against a sovereign nation, and that the strengthening of ISIS will be the result of the American action.
- The Russian Defense Ministry said it will strengthen and increase the effectiveness of the Russian-built air defense system in Syria. Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in a statement carried on state media, "In order to protect the most sensitive objects of the Syrian infrastructure, a system of measures to bolster and increase the effectiveness of the Syrian armed forces' air defense systems will be implemented.”
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the risk of a direct collision between the US and Russia in Syria had significantly increased. He also said the US bombed the Syrian air base as a benefit for ISIS and other terrorist organizations.
- Russia’s foreign ministry said it is obvious the US attack was planned before the alleged chemical gas attack on Tuesday.
- CNN reported that the Pentagon is looking for evidence that Russian troops were involved in the chemical gas attack on civilians. The US military suspects that a Russian warplane bombed a Syrian hospital after the gas attack to destroy evidence that Assad used chemical weapons.
- US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley warned Friday that the US "is prepared to do more" in response to Syria's use of chemical weapons. Ambassador Haley also denounced Moscow. She said President Assad gassed children because he knew Russia would defend him.
- Russian Major General Igor Konashenkov said Russia expects the US to provide evidence of the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian army. He said, “We are awaiting explanations from the US on the availability of what they call unquestionable evidence proving that chemical weapons in Khan Sheikhoun were used by the Syrian army.”
- Vice President Mike Pence thanked Israeli politicians for the Jewish country’s strong support of President Trump’s bombing of Syria.
- Russian warship Admiral Grigorevich, a cruise missile carrying frigate, turned around in the Black Sea and headed back to Syria.
- Hillary Clinton says she hopes President Trump rethinks his ban on Syrian refugees.
- Sen. John McCain said last night’s bombing of Syria should only be President Trump’s first action to take down President Assad.
I believe there are three possible explanations for why President Trump would decide to attack Syria and potentially start a war with Russia:
- President Trump was blackmailed by Deep State and decided to join them.
- President Trump rolled the dice by pretending to be “one of them” just long enough to get them off his back and change the daily news narratives, putting a big smile on John McCain’s face.
- President Trump secretly worked out a plan with Putin. Assad is to be replaced. Syria is to be carved up into regions. Trump-Putin share Nobel Peace Prize for settling Israel-Palestinian feud. Everybody goes back to making money.
My gut tells me its likely number three.