21 Assaults violating women's privacy recorded by The Conservative Family Research Council under the new "transgender-friendly" policies. Where are the women's rights activists now?
One cannot help to notice that women's rights activists seem to be missing in cases like the one raised by The Conservative Family Research Council. The organization has compiled a list of 21 incidents of men assaulting or violating women's privacy in public bathrooms, warning that despite what activists claim, transgender-friendly policies do increase the risk of such crimes. Where is outspoken Senator Elizabeth Warren or former Speaker Nancy Pelosi advocating for these violated women?
As reported by The Christian Post, FRC wrote in its issue brief that non-discrimination laws that allow people to go into bathrooms based on their gender identity, rather than their birth sex, are giving sexual predators the opportunity to exploit the circumstances and commit voyeurism and sexual assault.
"It is important to note that the concern is not that transgendered individuals are more likely to be sexual predators, but rather that sexual predators could exploit such laws by posing as transgendered in order to gain access to women and girls," FRC clarified.
"Beyond this, when companies such as Target implement any-sex bathroom/dressing room policies, it encourages criminals to take advantage of these policies to commit crimes," it added.
The group noted that transgender activists have "scoffed" at suggestions of this heightened risk, and have denied that many such incidents occur. With that in mind, FRC compiled a list of 21 cases reported in the U.S. stretching back to 1999, but most within the last 10 years, where men violated the privacy of women in bathrooms, locker rooms, and other private spaces.
- WPRI: Man Charged With Voyeurism in Target Bathroom (January 17, 2017) Lincoln, R.I. A man was charged with video voyeurism after he placed a camera in a Target bathroom.
- Fox News: Man Used Cellphone to Record Woman Undressing at Target in Dallas, Tex. (September 15, 2016)
- ABC 7: Man Seen Recording Women in Target Changing Room (September 12, 2016) Brick, N.J. A man was observed reaching under the stalls of a unisex dressing room with a cellphone in a Target store to record women.
- FOX 4: Man Accused of Taking Photos in Target Dressing Room (September 7, 2016) Dallas, Tex. Police were seeking a man who is accused of pointing a cellphone camera at a woman in a Target changing room.
- Post Register: Transgender woman arrested for voyeurism at Target (July 12, 2016)
- Bedford Police: Man Arrested for Recording Juvenile Girls in Target Dressing Room (June 24, 2016)
- WDAY 6: Man Caught Placing Cellphone Under Dressing Room Door in Target (June 16, 2016)
- FOX 25: Man Caught Looking over Changing Room Wall in Target (June 14, 2016)
- The Daily Caller: Security Guard Arrested for Removing Man from Women’s Bathroom (May 19, 2016)
- Fox News: Man Used Cellphone to Record Woman Undressing at Target in Frisco, Tex. (May 2016)
- CBS DFW: Shopper Upset Man Allowed to use Women’s Dressing Room in Ross (May 17, 2016)
- Mass Resistance: Female Office Worker Encounters Man Urinating in Ladies’ Room Exposed (February 21, 2016)
- NY Daily News: Seattle Man Undresses in Women’s Locker Room at Local Pool to Test New Transgender Bathroom Rule (February 17, 2016)
- NBC Washington: Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say (November 17, 2015)
- KTLA5: DA: Cross-Dressing Man Secretly Taped Women at Macy’s (May 14, 2013)
- Oregon Live: Cross-Dressing Sex Predator Sentenced for Clackamas Aquatic Park Crimes (October 27, 2011)
- Abc7news.com: Police: Calif. Locker Room Suspect Used Disguise (October 22, 2010)
- WSBTV: Police: Man Undresses in Front of Children in Walmart Restroom (March 24, 2010)
- The Mercury News: San Jose Sex Offender Wearing Fake Breasts, Wig Arrested for Loitering in Women’s Restroom (January 26, 2009)
- Purdue University: Purdue Police Investigate Report of Man Taking Photographs in Women’s Restroom (March 31, 2008)
- St. Petersburg Times: Cross-Dressing Man Sentenced for Battery (September 25, 1999)
Original article by The Christian Post / TRUNEWS contribution.