- Western nations want to chain ‘the Russian bear’
- U.S. Weighs Response to Sony Cyberattack, With North Korea Confrontation Possible
- Evidence in Sony hack attack suggests possible involvement by Iran, China or Russia, intel source says
- North Korea Planned Attacks on US Nuclear Plants
- High-level British paedophile ring may be linked to murders, boy’s disappearance 35 years ago
- China Tests ICBM With Multiple Warheads
- Iran to hold major naval drills at end of December
Asiana Pilot Says Was Blinded by Light before US Crash
The pilot of the crash-landed Asiana Airlines plane told investigators he was “temporarily blinded” by a bright light shortly before touching the ground, a senior official was quoted as saying by USA Today.
Deborah Hersman, chairwoman of the National Transportation Safety Board investigating the crash, said the pilot was blinded when 500 feet above the ground. The comment was made during a daily press briefing on the Saturday crash that left two dead and over 160 injured.