- Vladimir Putin talks ‘statehood’ for south-eastern Ukraine as Kiev’s ships attacked
- Russia ‘practically in a state of war against Europe’ over Ukraine, EU leaders warn
- Putin’s Trump Card In Ukraine: Winter Is Coming
- Hackers Launch All-Out Assault on Norway’s Oil and Gas Industry
- Border security: Islamist terror attack on U.S. from Mexico imminent
- It was already the worst Ebola outbreak in history. Now it’s moving into Africa’s cities.
- Senegal Ebola case ‘a top priority emergency,’ WHO says
Asiana Pilot Says Was Blinded by Light before US Crash
The pilot of the crash-landed Asiana Airlines plane told investigators he was “temporarily blinded” by a bright light shortly before touching the ground, a senior official was quoted as saying by USA Today.
Deborah Hersman, chairwoman of the National Transportation Safety Board investigating the crash, said the pilot was blinded when 500 feet above the ground. The comment was made during a daily press briefing on the Saturday crash that left two dead and over 160 injured.