- Tropical Storm Erika Soaks Puerto Rico, Hispanola; Warnings in the Bahamas; Uncertain Threat to Florida, Southeast U.S.
- Poroshenko Signs Secret Military Tech Deal With Anonymous Allies
- Huge explosions at US army base in Japan as warehouse burns and emergency services rush to scene
- China rocked by another fatal chemical plant explosion
- Russia, China kick off active phase of Sea of Japan naval drills
- North Korea mobilises its submarines as one million volunteers pledge to defend nation against South Korea
- PLA troops head to DPRK border as North-South tensions mount
- Why did 30 whales die in the Gulf of Alaska?
- Raging Wildfires In Washington Could Spread As State Declares Federal Emergency, Officials Warn
- Plague cases in California: What’s behind the rise?
Biden: Jewish leaders drove gay marriage changes
Vice President Joe Biden is praising Jewish leaders for helping change American attitudes about gay marriage and other issues.
Biden says culture and arts change people’s attitudes. He cites social media and the old NBC TV series “Will and Grace” as examples of what helped changed attitudes on gay marriage.
Biden says, quote, “Think — behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry.”
Biden says the influence is immense and that those changes have been for the good.
Biden was speaking Tuesday night at a Jewish American Heritage Month reception hosted by the Democratic National Committee. He says Jewish values are an essential part of who Americans are.