- Senate Democrats block effort to defund Planned Parenthood
- LGBT rights: Anti-terror orders should be used against Christian teachers who say same-sex marriage is wrong, says Tory MP
- Nato reports surge in jet interceptions as Russia tensions increase
- Obama issues challenge on climate change with power plant rule
- Beijing played key role in historic UN development plan: envoy
- Puerto Rico triggers historic default as austerity spiral deepens
- Russia Condemns US Plan to Extend Syria Bombing
- Former British PM Edward Heath investigated over child sex claims amid claims of cover-up
- Sharp rise in number of RAF planes scrambled to face down Russian jets revealed
- China, Russia To Hold Joint Naval, Air Drill
Biden: Jewish leaders drove gay marriage changes
Vice President Joe Biden is praising Jewish leaders for helping change American attitudes about gay marriage and other issues.
Biden says culture and arts change people’s attitudes. He cites social media and the old NBC TV series “Will and Grace” as examples of what helped changed attitudes on gay marriage.
Biden says, quote, “Think — behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry.”
Biden says the influence is immense and that those changes have been for the good.
Biden was speaking Tuesday night at a Jewish American Heritage Month reception hosted by the Democratic National Committee. He says Jewish values are an essential part of who Americans are.