- Plague is ‘endemic in Madagascar': WHO chief
- Avian flu virus has Asian origin; first such outbreak in North America
- New Strain of Pig Virus Affects Minnesota Farmers
- Blizzard 2015: Cities, states begin shutting down
- Sun Scientists Debate Whether Solar Lull Could Trigger Another ‘Little Ice Age’
- Radical Brownies: is this the future of girl groups?
- Facebook Said to Block Pages Critical of Muhammad to Avoid Shutdown in Turkey
Biden: Jewish leaders drove gay marriage changes
Vice President Joe Biden is praising Jewish leaders for helping change American attitudes about gay marriage and other issues.
Biden says culture and arts change people’s attitudes. He cites social media and the old NBC TV series “Will and Grace” as examples of what helped changed attitudes on gay marriage.
Biden says, quote, “Think — behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry.”
Biden says the influence is immense and that those changes have been for the good.
Biden was speaking Tuesday night at a Jewish American Heritage Month reception hosted by the Democratic National Committee. He says Jewish values are an essential part of who Americans are.