- U.S. carrier moving off coast of Yemen to block Iranian arms shipments
- Saudi-led strikes hit weapons caches of Iran-backed rebels in Yemen
- US, Ukraine Start Military Training, Defying Russian Fury
- Leaked papers reveal NZ plan to spy on China for US
- Russia back buying gold is bullish sign
- Up to 5.3M chickens face cull after H5N2 found at Iowa farm
- A Biotech Startup Wants To Replace Your Eyeballs With Synthetic Ones
Biden: Jewish leaders drove gay marriage changes
Vice President Joe Biden is praising Jewish leaders for helping change American attitudes about gay marriage and other issues.
Biden says culture and arts change people’s attitudes. He cites social media and the old NBC TV series “Will and Grace” as examples of what helped changed attitudes on gay marriage.
Biden says, quote, “Think — behind of all that, I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media, are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry.”
Biden says the influence is immense and that those changes have been for the good.
Biden was speaking Tuesday night at a Jewish American Heritage Month reception hosted by the Democratic National Committee. He says Jewish values are an essential part of who Americans are.