- Helium is LEAKING from massive earthquake fault in LA raising fears ‘big one’ could be more devastating than thought
- Global markets spooked by looming ‘leap second’
- Here’s how to see tomorrow night’s
- July 4 terrorist attack on U.S. soil a legitimate threat, officials warn
- Israeli Defense Minister Says Israel is Helping Selected Rebel Groups in Syria
- Putin calls on Middle East nations to unite behind Assad in fight against ‘evil’ in Syria
- Greeks struggling to get by as cash dries up ahead of referendum on EU
- Greece debt crisis adds to a string of similar global financial meltdowns
- PLA could use neutron bomb in event of US invasion
- New missiles to be introduced to Chinese submarines
CFACT rallies 50,000+ Poles against climate treaty
As more than 50,000 enthusiastic Poles gathered in downtown Warsaw on Monday to celebrate National Independence Day, with millions more watching on live television, CFACT president David Rothbard was invited to the stage to deliver an impassioned address celebrating freedom and warning against the dangerous and oppressive climate agenda of the UN.
[youtube id=”vizECg8BTTg” width=”620″ height=”360″]
Before what was one of the largest audiences to ever hear a speech denouncing UN global warming policies, Rothbard said he was honored to stand with the Poles in a “new battle for freedom against those who would use environmental and climate alarmism to steal away our liberties and give international bureaucrats control over our energy sources, our daily lives, our prosperity, and our national sovereignty.”
The address was carried live on national television and covered by a large number of international media outlets. It took place just as the UN was kicking off its COP19 climate conference a few kilometers away.
Rothbard noted that at last year’s COP meeting, UN climate chief Christiana Figueres said that what the UN was undertaking is “a complete economic transformation of the world.”
“This is not good news for those who love freedom, and it is not good news for Poland,” Rothbard asserted.
“Standing next to a CFACT banner that read “No to UN Climate Hype” in Polish and surrounded by throngs who wore CFACT stickers bearing the same message in Poland’s distinctive red and white, the crowd gave hearty consent to Rothbard’s message.
He also quoted from the Book of Proverbs that “the wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion,” noting that “the environmentalists and the bureaucrats don’t want to debate these issues because they know they are deceiving the world.”