- Ebola Is Rapidly Mutating As It Spreads Across West Africa
- Ebola could infect 20,000 people within months
- In Israel, concern as Qaeda-linked rebels seize Syrian side of border
- IDF on high alert in Golan Heights
- Satellite images show Russian troops operating in Ukraine
- Moscow Ridicules NATO’s Images of Alleged Russian Troops in Ukraine
- U.S. banking group says unaware of any ‘significant’ cyber attack
China Space Program Ramping Up Capabilities, Pentagon Says
China’s growing space prowess shows no signs of slowing, the U.S. Department of Defense said in its annual report to Congress on military and security developments involving the People’s Republic of China.
The Pentagon has been carefully monitoring China’s space activities, and pointed out that last year, the country conducted a total of 18 space launches and expanded its space-based intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, navigation, meteorological and communications satellite constellations.
“At the same time, China continues to invest in a multidimensional program to deny others access to and use of space,” said David Helvey, deputy assistant secretary of defense for East Asia, during a Pentagon news conference on May 6 that highlighted the report. [Top 10 Space Weapons]