- China’s Stocks Plunge as State Intervention Fails to Stop Rout
- The really worrying financial crisis is happening in China, not Greece
- China’s stock-market collapse is not over yet
- Over 20% of listed China stocks now in trading halt
- Europe Sets ‘Final’ Deadline For Greece Deal
- “This is the most critical moment in our history” – five days to save Greece from the abyss warn European leaders
- Puerto Rico to meet with creditors on Monday
- Official: Iran Talks Must End Within 48 Hours
- Images Show Chinese Airstrip on Man-Made Spratly Island Nearly Finished
- What’s Putin’s plan? Russian jet ‘shot flares at Swedish plane
China Space Program Ramping Up Capabilities, Pentagon Says
China’s growing space prowess shows no signs of slowing, the U.S. Department of Defense said in its annual report to Congress on military and security developments involving the People’s Republic of China.
The Pentagon has been carefully monitoring China’s space activities, and pointed out that last year, the country conducted a total of 18 space launches and expanded its space-based intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, navigation, meteorological and communications satellite constellations.
“At the same time, China continues to invest in a multidimensional program to deny others access to and use of space,” said David Helvey, deputy assistant secretary of defense for East Asia, during a Pentagon news conference on May 6 that highlighted the report. [Top 10 Space Weapons]