- MI6 spy found in holdall ‘hacked into secret data about Bill Clinton’
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange claims he’ll be killed by CIA drone if he leaves embassy
- Doomsday Countdown: US Hawks Pushing World to the Brink of Nuclear War
- China is set to display its military ambitions to the world this week
- Iran: Russia to deliver its S-300 missile system by year’s end
- Stargazing in September: Supermoons and rising tides – the end of the world is nigh?
- Biometrics testing at the U.S.-Mexico border
- Huge explosions at US army base in Japan as warehouse burns and emergency services rush to scene
- China rocked by another fatal chemical plant explosion
- Russia, China kick off active phase of Sea of Japan naval drills
China Space Program Ramping Up Capabilities, Pentagon Says
China’s growing space prowess shows no signs of slowing, the U.S. Department of Defense said in its annual report to Congress on military and security developments involving the People’s Republic of China.
The Pentagon has been carefully monitoring China’s space activities, and pointed out that last year, the country conducted a total of 18 space launches and expanded its space-based intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, navigation, meteorological and communications satellite constellations.
“At the same time, China continues to invest in a multidimensional program to deny others access to and use of space,” said David Helvey, deputy assistant secretary of defense for East Asia, during a Pentagon news conference on May 6 that highlighted the report. [Top 10 Space Weapons]