- Mossad tried to dry up Nile
- Britain to lead the world in Islamic finance
- Lee Rigby’s killers and Jihadi John prayed at same mosque
- ‘Jihadi John’ From ISIS Execution Videos Was Under Watch by British Intelligence
- ISIS Video Purports to Show Militants Smashing Ancient Iraq Artifacts
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership clause that everyone should be against
- Scientists know there are more giant craters in Siberia, but are nervous to even study them
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.