- Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adult leaders
- North Korea threatens to ‘leave no Americans alive’ as Kim Jong-un boasts of nuclear arsenal, on Korean War armistice anniversary
- As top EU diplomat sells nuke deal, Saudis denounce ‘aggressive’ Iran
- IDF launches massive 3-day drill, calls up thousands of reservists
- Kerry announces Mideast trip, skipping Israel
- China Practices Pacific D-Days With Tanks And Hovercraft
- Fetal Tissue From Abortions for Research Is Traded in a Gray Zone
- Obama pushing for ‘largest gun grab in American history’: NRA
- Satanic Temple holds public sculpture unveiling in Detroit
- Boy, 10, murdered in suspected case of human sacrifice in Nepal
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.