- This Means War: US To Target Putin’s Personal $40 Billion Stash
- US lawmakers call for tighter sanctions on Russia
- Putin’s spokesman: One more NATO step toward Russia to change European security structure
- Obama’s Origins Resurface At Intel Expert’s Trial
- Incredible moment blinding meteorite stuns driver as is it shoots through Russian city at night
- Yen Falls Versus Major Peers After Japan’s Trade Deficit Widens
- BNP Banker, His Wife And Nephew Murdered In Belgium
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.