- Sydney terror cell ‘planned beheadings’
- ‘Kill the Christians’ call at church
- Iran slams ‘ridiculous’ US coalition as Congress funds arms against ISIS
- DHS Against White House Plan to Lift Ban on Libyans Attending U.S. Flight Schools
- Russia’s Strategic Missile Troops Training to Find Ebola Pathogens
- China’s military cyberattacked defense contractors several times, report claims
- PLA pilots vie for coveted ‘golden helmet’ in largest ever air drills
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.