- Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging
- Russia’s Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could Fall Below $60 In The Next Few Months
- Oil falls as Opec tests US shale industry
- Without passing a single law, Obama crafts bold environmental plan
- US responsible for two-thirds of all military conflicts – Russia’s top brass
- Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler Read more: Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler
- Alleged plot included bombing Arch, killing St. Louis County prosecutor, Ferguson chief
- Number of Ebola cases nears 16,000 as Sierra Leone loses ground
- Rate My Hospital Experimental Ebola vaccine passes 1st hurdle in U.S.
- Bubonic Plague Spreading Through Madagascar
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.