- NORAD, US Northern Command to Participate with Mexican Air Force in Tactical Exercise
- ‘This is a time of important vigilance’ FBI agent discusses terror threats this holiday weekend
- FBI On High Alert For Fourth Of July Terrorist Attack
- Rising ISIS support in Pakistan’s nuclear testing region sparks fears of ‘dirty’ bomb
- 950 Hezbollah operatives, 300 Hamas members in Germany – intelligence report
- US Embassy: Israeli gas deal will reap economic, security, and commercial benefits
- Donald Trump Files $500M Lawsuit Against Univision Over Miss USA Pageant
- Russia examines 1991 recognition of Baltic independence
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.