- Obama says gay marriage a constitutional right
- U.S. military urged to follow Canadian approach on transgender recruits
- Obama’s Deputies Prepare To Print Work Permits For Millions Of Illegals
- Israeli officials fear Obama will try to avoid bringing Iran nuclear deal before Congress
- Obama Could Reduce Nuclear Arsenal Without Harming National Security
- GOP Congressman Calls On Boehner To Convene Emergency Session Over Ebola Crisis
- PLA building fleet of 100 large transport aircraft
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.