- Anglican Pastor Andrew White in danger as ISIS jihadists close in on Baghdad
- ISIS threatens to gas British troops in Iraq: Soldiers ordered to carry chemical suits
- 3 Times Obama Administration Was Warned About ISIS
- Intruder ran farther into White House than previously known
- Strauss: Ben Carson: New AP U.S. history course will make kids want to ‘sign up for ISIS’
- What’s Going on With the Enterovirus Outbreak
- Mass default looms as world sinks beneath a sea of debt
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.