- MI6 spy found in holdall ‘hacked into secret data about Bill Clinton’
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange claims he’ll be killed by CIA drone if he leaves embassy
- Doomsday Countdown: US Hawks Pushing World to the Brink of Nuclear War
- China is set to display its military ambitions to the world this week
- Iran: Russia to deliver its S-300 missile system by year’s end
- Stargazing in September: Supermoons and rising tides – the end of the world is nigh?
- Biometrics testing at the U.S.-Mexico border
- Huge explosions at US army base in Japan as warehouse burns and emergency services rush to scene
- China rocked by another fatal chemical plant explosion
- Russia, China kick off active phase of Sea of Japan naval drills
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.