- CDC urges U.S. health workers to be vigilant as Ebola virus’s toll grows in Africa
- Borders closed to control Ebola outbreak
- US accuses Russia of violating 1987 missile treaty
- EU to Unveil New Sanctions Targeting Putin’s Inner Circle Wednesday
- Marc Faber predicts 20% to 30% drop in stocks
- Jeff Sessions on Obama’s Executive Amnesty: Congress Faces ‘Time of Choosing’ at ‘Perilous Hour’
- Obama considers large-scale move on immigration
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.