- North Korea threatens to hit back at White House
- Kim Jong Un greets huge crowds in North Korea as Barack Obama insists the hack was not an act of war
- Rep. Rogers rips Obama on N. Korea attack; ‘Saying aloha … going to Hawaii is not the answer’
- French police shooting linked to calls for jihadist attacks
- Cops across U.S. on high alert after NYPD executions
- Suspect fatally shot officer then ran him over
- Satanic Temple, Christian state senator mount dueling displays outside Michigan Capitol
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.