- ‘Obama Eligibility Source’ Could ‘Embarrass’ U.S., U.K.
- Democratic Rep Warns That Obamacare’s Worst About to ‘Hit the Fan’
- IRS workers who didn’t pay taxes got bonuses
- Republicans warn BLM eyeing land grab along Texas-Oklahoma border
- Massive Volcanic Eruptions Wreaking Havoc On The World
- NATO minesweepers set off on Baltic deployment
- US vows more sanctions on Russia unless Ukraine tensions ease
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.