- N. Korea Submarine Missile Allows Covert Nuclear Strike on US
- NATO to Deploy US Missile Interceptors at Base in Romania by Year-End
- Britain and Nato launch biggest war games on Russia’s doorstep as tensions grow
- White House: ‘Too early’ to link IS to Texas attack
- Islamic State claims responsibility for attack at Texas anti-Muslim exhibition
- Obama Islamic State strategy slammed as terrorist group claims it has infiltrated U.S.
- Iranian Commander: We Won’t Rest Until US is an Islamic Republic
Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised the role of Orthodox Christianity in the country’s history and congratulated the heads of the world’s Orthodox churches on the 1025th anniversary of the Christianization of Kievan Rus, a medieval state comprising parts of modern-day Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.
“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.