- Sharp rise in number of RAF planes scrambled to face down Russian jets revealed
- China, Russia To Hold Joint Naval, Air Drill
- China’s Christians protest ‘evil’ Communist campaign to tear down crosses
- South China Sea: Beijing blames US military for tensions in region
- Greece debt crisis: IMF staff baulk at signing up to new bailout deal
- Why Italy is the most likely country to leave the euro
- Did Hitler have an atomic weapon? German documentary claims Nazis were developing a ‘flying saucer’ to deliver bomb and had already started tests on Russian POWs
- 4th Planned Parenthood video shows clinic staff knowingly flouting laws
- Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos of Calif. company officials
- Major U.S. companies go nuts for ‘gay’ rights
Daughter: Televangelist Schuller has cancer
Crystal Cathedral founder and former televangelist the Rev. Robert H. Schuller has been diagnosed with cancer, according to a family statement posted online.
Daughter Sheila Schuller Coleman said during a recent sermon that Schuller, 86, is undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer that has spread to his lymph nodes. The diagnosis was also disclosed in a statement that was available Wednesday at the website of Schuller Coleman’s new church, the Hope Center of Christ.
Oncologists initially said that the televangelist had three months to live, but then said he could live for two years with radiation and chemotherapy. The elder Schuller decided to pursue the treatment after praying with his wife, Arvella, and other family members, the statement said.
Schuller, who started the popular “Hour of Power” broadcast and built Orange County’s Crystal Cathedral, was hospitalized in July after a fall at his home but later released after a battery of tests to determine the cause of a high lactic acid count.