- Russia claims to have super weapon that disables western satellites and long range arms
- Russian Bombers Fly Near U.S. on July 4th
- Jerry Falwell’s Son: No Same-Sex Marriage in My Church
- Pope Francis appeals for more inclusive Catholic church during Ecuador visit
- CDC official called Obama ‘Marxist,’ ‘amateur’ over 2014 border surge
- The Marxist face of the Greek crisis
- Marco Rubio Accuses NYT of Attacking Him With ‘Castro Regime’s Propaganda’
- France, Germany demand ‘serious’ proposals from Greece
- Images Show Chinese Airstrip on Man-Made Spratly Island Nearly Finished
- What’s Putin’s plan? Russian jet ‘shot flares at Swedish plane
Daughter: Televangelist Schuller has cancer
Crystal Cathedral founder and former televangelist the Rev. Robert H. Schuller has been diagnosed with cancer, according to a family statement posted online.
Daughter Sheila Schuller Coleman said during a recent sermon that Schuller, 86, is undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer that has spread to his lymph nodes. The diagnosis was also disclosed in a statement that was available Wednesday at the website of Schuller Coleman’s new church, the Hope Center of Christ.
Oncologists initially said that the televangelist had three months to live, but then said he could live for two years with radiation and chemotherapy. The elder Schuller decided to pursue the treatment after praying with his wife, Arvella, and other family members, the statement said.
Schuller, who started the popular “Hour of Power” broadcast and built Orange County’s Crystal Cathedral, was hospitalized in July after a fall at his home but later released after a battery of tests to determine the cause of a high lactic acid count.