- Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging
- Russia’s Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could Fall Below $60 In The Next Few Months
- Oil falls as Opec tests US shale industry
- Without passing a single law, Obama crafts bold environmental plan
- US responsible for two-thirds of all military conflicts – Russia’s top brass
- Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler Read more: Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler
- Alleged plot included bombing Arch, killing St. Louis County prosecutor, Ferguson chief
- Number of Ebola cases nears 16,000 as Sierra Leone loses ground
- Rate My Hospital Experimental Ebola vaccine passes 1st hurdle in U.S.
- Bubonic Plague Spreading Through Madagascar
FBI report: Florida family had ties to people linked to 9/11 attacks
A Saudi family who “fled” their Sarasota area home weeks before 9/11 had “many connections” to “individuals associated with the terrorist attacks on 9/11/2001,” according to newly released FBI records.
One partially declassified document, marked “secret,” lists three of those individuals and ties them to the Venice, Fla., flight school where suicide hijackers Mohamed Atta and Marwan al-Shehhi trained. Accomplice Ziad Jarrah took flying lessons at another school a block away.
Atta and al-Shehhi were at the controls of the jetliners that slammed into the twin towers of New York’s World Trade Center, killing nearly 3,000 people. Jarrah was the hijacker-pilot of United Airlines Flight 93, which crashed in a field in rural Pennsylvania.
The names, addresses and dates of birth of the three individuals tied to the flight school were blanked out before the records were released to BrowardBulldog.org amid ongoing Freedom of Information Act litigation.