- Plague is ‘endemic in Madagascar': WHO chief
- Avian flu virus has Asian origin; first such outbreak in North America
- New Strain of Pig Virus Affects Minnesota Farmers
- Blizzard 2015: Cities, states begin shutting down
- Sun Scientists Debate Whether Solar Lull Could Trigger Another ‘Little Ice Age’
- Radical Brownies: is this the future of girl groups?
- Facebook Said to Block Pages Critical of Muhammad to Avoid Shutdown in Turkey
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.