- Western nations want to chain ‘the Russian bear’
- U.S. Weighs Response to Sony Cyberattack, With North Korea Confrontation Possible
- Evidence in Sony hack attack suggests possible involvement by Iran, China or Russia, intel source says
- North Korea Planned Attacks on US Nuclear Plants
- High-level British paedophile ring may be linked to murders, boy’s disappearance 35 years ago
- China Tests ICBM With Multiple Warheads
- Iran to hold major naval drills at end of December
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.