- Hagel orders military medical team to train, get ready for quick response to more Ebola cases in US
- The Ebola ‘bio-weapon’ conspiracy
- Communists look to give Democrats boost
- Sweden hunting for Russian submarine in its waters
- Netanyahu warns world powers: A nuclear threshold Iran is a bigger threat than ISIS
- Church should not fear change, says Pope after synod backlash against softening of stance towards homosexuality
- Expert says deadly eruption in Japan shook up volcano, making nuclear reactors unsafe
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.