- Ebola fears grow as European and Asian countries on alert
- Killer Ebola is a threat to Britain as experts warn virus is worst world has seen
- Airports alert over Ebola: Passengers from Africa who show symptoms will be sent straight to secure isolation units
- Beijing tests anti-satellite missile: Voice of Russia
- Argentina defaults for second time in 13 years according to S&P as debt talks fail
- Global QE ends as China opens second front in bond tapering
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.