- US plans for Guam missile base seen as countering strength of China
- Putin Again Slams US Missile Defense Plans
- Cold War In The Arctic: Putin Orders Strong Military Presence And Reactivates Airfield As Canada Plots North Pole Claim
- South Korea warns that purge in Pyongyang points to a reign of terror
- Two Billion People Could Starve After a ‘Limited’ Nuclear War
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting
- Obama Bows To Cuba’s Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela’s Funeral
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.