- Bill Gates has revealed what frightens him most: An epidemic so great, it would rapidly wipe out millions worldwide
- South Korea, Saudi Arabia confirm more MERS cases
- Post says bird flu getting worse for its egg supply
- Birds shipped to incinerator and landfills as bird flu spreads to more counties in Iowa
- Pentagon chief urges end to island-building in South China Sea
- Russia masses heavy firepower on border with Ukraine
- U.S. officials say IRS hackers who stole personal tax info are Russians
- ‘They created these people': Rand Paul blames GOP hawks for rise of ISIS
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.