- The strange case of the air marshal who was stabbed by a needle during the Ebola outbreak
- MO Lt. Gov: Officials Must Explain ‘Under Oath’ Why National Guard Stood By as Ferguson Burned
- Ferguson mayor: Delayed National Guard deployment “deeply concerning”
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone workers dump bodies in Kenema
- Bristol scientist says he’s ‘terrified’ of technology developed to stop global warming
- Hagel Tells Congress He is Unaware if Cash Paid in Failed Hostage Release
- Obama to Amnesty Hecklers: ‘Sit Down… Nobody’s Removing You… I Just Took an Action to Change the Law’
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.