- Vials of deadly SARS virus ‘go missing’ in France
- 2,000 PLA troops could invade Diaoyutai in 5 hours: WSJ
- PLA may use fishing boats to lead Diaoyutai assault: Japanese media
- Tense scenes at Kramatorsk airbase in Ukraine
- U.S. warns Beijing over currency weakness
- Fed chief Janet Yellen set to force banks to hold more capital
- Are These Classified FBI Files Proof Adolf Hitler Escaped by Submarine to Argentina?
FBI seeks source of prostitution, corruption allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez
A pair of FBI agents met on a recent weekday morning with brothers Alfonso “Alfy” and Jose “Pepe” Fanjul in the Palm Beach headquarters of their sugar and real estate empire.
The investigators’ questions struck a discordant note in the Fanjuls’ sunlit offices overlooking a yacht-filled waterway, according to three people familiar with the meeting: Were the brothers or any of their associates familiar with a plot to bring down a United States senator?
Months after the FBI began probing allegations against Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), investigators are looking at whether someone set out to smear him while he was running for reelection last year and then ascending to his new post as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, according to four people briefed on the inquiry.