- Has Blackwater been deployed to Ukraine?
- Talk of war dominates discussion in Kyiv’s Maidan
- Passport used on lost Malaysia Airlines flight traced to bizarre theft in Phuket
- Did flight MH370 disintegrate mid-air?
- Bitcoin exchange MtGox faced 150,000 attacks per second before filing for bankruptcy
- Did SEAL Team 6 die in Afghanistan to give Obama good publicity?
- Global Debt Exceeds $100 Trillion as Governments Binge, BIS Says
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.