- Helium is LEAKING from massive earthquake fault in LA raising fears ‘big one’ could be more devastating than thought
- Global markets spooked by looming ‘leap second’
- Here’s how to see tomorrow night’s
- July 4 terrorist attack on U.S. soil a legitimate threat, officials warn
- Israeli Defense Minister Says Israel is Helping Selected Rebel Groups in Syria
- Putin calls on Middle East nations to unite behind Assad in fight against ‘evil’ in Syria
- Greeks struggling to get by as cash dries up ahead of referendum on EU
- Greece debt crisis adds to a string of similar global financial meltdowns
- PLA could use neutron bomb in event of US invasion
- New missiles to be introduced to Chinese submarines
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.