- Probability of global catastrophe is very high’
- Giant asteroid to whip past earth
- Israeli TV shows ‘Iranian missile’ that ‘can reach far beyond Europe’
- Saudi King dies at 90
- Who is Saudi Arabia’s new monarch, King Salman?
- Yemen Instability Fears As President Resigns
- U.S. pulls more staff from Yemen embassy amid deepening crisis
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.