- National Guard in Texas Could Get Arrest Power
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Possible Illegal Alien with Drug-Resistant Strain of Tuberculosis
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Honduran children may be allowed to apply for U.S. admission from home
- ‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing
- Border official points gun at Boy Scout
- Obama’s dumbest move to date… seizing a foreign bank??
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.