- At Swiss palace, intrigue and press questions as Iran deal nears
- Iran Reserves Again Coveted by Big Oil After Decades of Conflict
- Does Iran Have Secret Nukes in North Korea?
- ‘Influx of advanced weapons flowing into Syria, Lebanon unprecedented,’ navy source says
- IDF Sources: ISIS Accumulating Support Near Israel-Jordan Border
- Al-Shabaab video shows civilians being forced into the sea, brutally gunned down and left to rot on the Somali beach
- ISIS uses child soldiers to lead prisoners to beheadings
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.