- Unannounced Test of Strategic Nuclear Weapons Readiness Starts in Russia
- Russia Orders Surprise Test of Central Nuclear Base
- Moscow dismisses NATO allegations that Russia conducts large-scale nuclear drills
- Russian combat jets conduct ‘mock’ attack runs on NATO warships
- Russian bombers deliver strikes at ground targets in war games
- ECB unveils details of trillion-euro stimulus
- Mark Cuban warns the tech bubble is worse than dotcom crash
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.