- Ukraine crisis: Russia launches military drills along border
- Russia braces for crippling US sanctions as Ukraine turns deadly
- Kerry threatens more sanctions against Russia
- Russian President Vladimir Putin reckons the internet is a ‘CIA project’
- US wireless users may get to share military spectrum
- Google mulling Wi-Fi for cities with Google Fiber
- Top hacker says US spies on Australia
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.