- U.S. Shadowing Russian Ship in Atlantic Near Nuclear Submarine Areas
- Chinese warships spotted off Alaska coast during Obama visit
- China parades new ‘carrier-killer’ missile as its navy cases Alaska
- Scared Swedes Eye NATO Membership for Fear of Russia
- Mathematician Looks to Bible to Predict Shemitah Market Trends
- MasterCard Goes to War to Eliminate Cash
- Author Robert Kiyosaki: We’re in a Global Economic Collapse
- PLA’s latest E China Sea drills aimed at Japan, US: Duowei
- China’s Richest Traders Flee Stocks as the Masses Pile In
- One of the World’s Most Respected Investors Predicts 2016 Stock Crash
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.