- RAF jets scrambled to meet ‘unusual’ level of Russian bombers that flew close to Britain
- CDC pulls poster saying Ebola can spread through a sneeze
- Mystery drones seen over France’s nuclear plants
- FEMA conducts pandemic training in NY, NJ
- Anti-quarantine nurse Hickox was trained as intelligence officer by the CDC
- Hamas, Islamic Jihad call for Palestinians to step up ‘resistance’ against Israel
- ‘Stay in Australia … behead people': Islamic State ‘plot’ prompted US security fears
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.