- US plans for Guam missile base seen as countering strength of China
- Putin Again Slams US Missile Defense Plans
- Cold War In The Arctic: Putin Orders Strong Military Presence And Reactivates Airfield As Canada Plots North Pole Claim
- South Korea warns that purge in Pyongyang points to a reign of terror
- Two Billion People Could Starve After a ‘Limited’ Nuclear War
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting
- Obama Bows To Cuba’s Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela’s Funeral
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.