- Obama says gay marriage a constitutional right
- U.S. military urged to follow Canadian approach on transgender recruits
- Obama’s Deputies Prepare To Print Work Permits For Millions Of Illegals
- Israeli officials fear Obama will try to avoid bringing Iran nuclear deal before Congress
- Obama Could Reduce Nuclear Arsenal Without Harming National Security
- GOP Congressman Calls On Boehner To Convene Emergency Session Over Ebola Crisis
- PLA building fleet of 100 large transport aircraft
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.