- NSA Whistle-Blower: Obama’s Authority To Label ‘Terrorists’ Is The Same Rule The Nazis Issued In 1933
- Judge Orders DOJ to Provide List of ‘Fast & Furious’ Documents Obama Tried to Shield
- ‘Terrorists’ help U.S. in battle against Islamic State in Iraq
- ISIS offered to swap Foley for ‘Lady al Qaeda’: Terrorists wanted return of MIT-educated neuroscientist who was caught with plans for ‘mass casualty attack’ with a dirty bomb, Ebola, and a chemical weapon ‘that spared children’
- Congressional investigators say Bowe Berghdal swap violated law
- Americans among 12,000 foreign fighters in Syria
- Earthquake riddle as spectacular drone footage reveals giant crack in Mexico
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.