- Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adult leaders
- North Korea threatens to ‘leave no Americans alive’ as Kim Jong-un boasts of nuclear arsenal, on Korean War armistice anniversary
- As top EU diplomat sells nuke deal, Saudis denounce ‘aggressive’ Iran
- IDF launches massive 3-day drill, calls up thousands of reservists
- Kerry announces Mideast trip, skipping Israel
- China Practices Pacific D-Days With Tanks And Hovercraft
- Fetal Tissue From Abortions for Research Is Traded in a Gray Zone
- Obama pushing for ‘largest gun grab in American history’: NRA
- Satanic Temple holds public sculpture unveiling in Detroit
- Boy, 10, murdered in suspected case of human sacrifice in Nepal
Florida Police Officer Fired After Calling Trayvon Martin A “Thug” On Facebook
A Florida beach safety officer was fired on Friday after he referred to Trayvon Martin as a “thug” on his personal Facebook page.
Todd Snipes, a beach officer of 15 years who was stationed about 40 minutes from where Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Fla., was initially suspended for the post he made on Facebook last month.
“Another thug gone,” Snipes wrote the night of George Zimmerman’s acquittal. “Pull up your pants and be respectful. Bye bye thug r.i.p.”
In his termination letter, Department of Public Protection Director George Recktenwald wrote that Snipes had “engaged in behavior that threatens the respect and trust of the community and jeopardizes the perception that the department enforces the law fairly, even-handedly and without bias,” according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal.