- Muslim psycho attacks New York cops with ax
- NYC doctor tests positive for deadly Ebola virus
- Mali authorities report 1st Ebola case as epidemic spreads in W. Africa
- US judge wavers on UN immunity in Haiti cholera case
- Volcano could destroy Japan
- Ottawa gunman told fellow Muslim convert ‘the devil is chasing me’
- FBI warns news outlets that group affiliated with Islamic State is targeting journalists
Graham: Why is Obama Silent While Iran Tortures American Pastor?
One of the nation’s most prominent evangelical leaders wants to know why President Obama has remained silent as Iran tortures an American pastor held captive in one of the Islamic republic’s most notorious prisons.
Franklin Graham, the president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse, told Fox News the imprisonment and torture of Pastor Saeed Abedini is a blatant example of “religious intolerance.”
“Many in the international community are expressing outrage over this blatant example of religious intolerance,” Graham said. “I ask that our government do the same and demand that Pastor Saeed Abedini be released and allowed to return home to his wife and family in the United States.”
Graham said Abedini’s wife, Naghmeh, is terrified to hear reports of her husband’s physical condition.
“Naghmeh worries that she and her two young children may never see Saeed again,” he told Fox News.
Graham said Abedini’s wife is especially troubled by President Obama’s silence on the matter.
“She’s discouraged by the fact that our own government seems to have abandoned them,” Graham said. “President Obama has been silent on the issue as an American Christian endures the horrors of Evin Prison.”
Six months ago, Secretary of State John Kerry called for the Iranians to release Abedini, but since then the Obama Administration has been silent. Not once has the president telephone the pastor’s wife.
“Sadly, since then our government appears to have done little to pressure Iran to release a fellow American citizen,” Graham said.