- North Korea behind Sony hack
- Sony Pulls the Plug on Dec. 25 Release of ‘The Interview’ After Threats
- North Korea to have 20 nuke bombs by 2016: U.S. expert
- Obama signs bill imposing more sanctions on Russia….U.S. to supply weapons to Ukraine
- Obama Doesn’t Rule Out Presidential Visit to Cuba
- Pope Francis brokered US-Cuba deal at secret Vatican meetings
- Bookies suspend betting on Queen Abdicationg as Royal Family gather for pre-Christmas lunch
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.