- Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging
- Russia’s Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could Fall Below $60 In The Next Few Months
- Oil falls as Opec tests US shale industry
- Without passing a single law, Obama crafts bold environmental plan
- US responsible for two-thirds of all military conflicts – Russia’s top brass
- Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler Read more: Venezuelan MP says ‘Zionists,’ Bush family financed Hitler
- Alleged plot included bombing Arch, killing St. Louis County prosecutor, Ferguson chief
- Number of Ebola cases nears 16,000 as Sierra Leone loses ground
- Rate My Hospital Experimental Ebola vaccine passes 1st hurdle in U.S.
- Bubonic Plague Spreading Through Madagascar
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.