- Utah man dies of bubonic plague
- Deaths from MERS virus surge in Saudi Arabia
- Planned Parenthood admits it manipulates rules on fetal organ sales to maximize profit
- Scientists fear tsunami would devastate Greece and Italy if ‘moderate’ earthquake hits
- South Korea plans ‘decapitation’ strike against North’s leadership if nuclear war is likely
- Tropical Storm Erika Soaks Puerto Rico, Hispanola; Warnings in the Bahamas; Uncertain Threat to Florida, Southeast U.S.
- Poroshenko Signs Secret Military Tech Deal With Anonymous Allies
- Huge explosions at US army base in Japan as warehouse burns and emergency services rush to scene
- China rocked by another fatal chemical plant explosion
- Russia, China kick off active phase of Sea of Japan naval drills
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.