- Pope: I’ll be dead in three years
- IS says it has beheaded American journalist
- Iceland raises Bardarbunga volcano alert to orange
- Erupting volcano off Japan could cause tsunami
- China Secretly Conducts Second Flight Test Of New Ultra High-Speed Missile
- Russia tests surface-to-air missiles in military exercises: RIA
- Japan resumes rice exports from Fukushima
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.