- Iran Seizes Cargo Ship; Pentagon Sends Destroyer
- Riots erupt across West Baltimore, downtown
- Gov. Hogan Declares State Of Emergency, Activates National Guard
- New bird flu cases hit 2.3M birds in Iowa
- Bastrop County residents fire off questions on Jade Helm 15
- Obama ‘secretly loosened’ CIA drone strike rules in Pakistan
- 9/11: Iranian General accuses US of organizing September 11 terror attacks
- Angela Merkel’s government ‘aware of US attempts to spy on France and European companies’
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.