- Vladimir Putin talks ‘statehood’ for south-eastern Ukraine as Kiev’s ships attacked
- Russia ‘practically in a state of war against Europe’ over Ukraine, EU leaders warn
- Putin’s Trump Card In Ukraine: Winter Is Coming
- Hackers Launch All-Out Assault on Norway’s Oil and Gas Industry
- Border security: Islamist terror attack on U.S. from Mexico imminent
- It was already the worst Ebola outbreak in history. Now it’s moving into Africa’s cities.
- Senegal Ebola case ‘a top priority emergency,’ WHO says
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.