- Gohmert Predicts US Will ‘Bring People In’ FROM From Ebola Hot Zone
- Chinese peacekeepers at the Ebola frontlines
- Hamas-sponsor Qatar Eyeing UN Control
- Sweden May Use Military Force Against Alleged Submarine: Armed Forces Chief
- Saudis sound alarm on Obama ‘caving’ to Iran
- Was hit-and-run of two Canadian soldiers an act of terrorism?
- Security of military personnel at home top of mind following hit-and-run
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.