- Storm expected to hit northeast U.S. could be record-setting
- Gov. Bobby Jindal: U.S. Needs a Spiritual Revival
- Ukraine offensive continues as Barack Obama promises tougher action
- Greek election adds economic uncertainty across Europe, David Cameron says
- Rebels Tied to Blackout Across Most of Pakistan
- Obama intimidating Benghazi witness into silence?
- Former Mossad chief: Iran murdered Argentine prosecutor
Greg Laurie to Gay Activists: ‘I Won’t Back Down’
At a prayer event held Wednesday morning at the Washington, D.C., office of the Family Research Council, Pastor Greg Laurie told those gathered, “I won’t back down.”
“They do not want me to pray. They describe me as ‘homophobic’ and so forth. How can you deal with such a situation? We’re in a time in our country now where I’m attacked because I believe what the Bible teaches,” said Laurie, ahead of Thursday’s National Day of Prayer.
“If people want to make it all about that I’m not going to back down. In the immortal words of the great theologian Tom Petty, ‘I won’t back down,’ I won’t. I’m not going to apologize.”
Laurie paralleled the efforts of gay rights activists to that of the palace officials who sought to stop Daniel (in the Old Testament) from praying and passed a law that resulted in him being thrown into the Lion’s Den.