- Supervisors oppose 120-240 tons of bird flu carcasses in Polk County
- Iowa bird-flu farms fall short on containment measures
- Food Companies Fear Bird Flu May Cause Egg Shortages
- California drought prompting state to cut water for farmers with oldest rights
- Boy Scouts leader Robert Gates says ban on gay adults not sustainable
- U.S. vows to continue patrols after China warns spy plane
- Emails reportedly show confidant told Clinton Benghazi attack planned by fighters tied to Al Qaeda
- FBI used Patriot Act to obtain ‘large collections’ of Americans’ data, DoJ finds
- Spy agencies target mobile phones, app stores to implant spyware
Gunman Kills 10-year-old Christian Girl in Egypt
Amid ongoing sectarian violence in Egypt, 10-year-old Jessica Boulous was murdered last Tuesday after walking home from her Bible lesson with her teacher. She was gunned down on the street between Ahmed Esmat Street Evangelical Church and a market while walking home, Morning Star News reports.
A report by Egyptian rights activists claim that Jessica’s teacher stepped into a market and while her back was turned, Jessica was shot in the chest, the bullet pierced her heart and she died instantly.
The gunman has not been identified and no one has yet claimed responsibility over the attack. But Islamic intimidation and attacks against Christians “seems to be normal” in Egypt, said Nasr Allah Zakaria, Jessica’s uncle.