- Rift widens between Obama, U.S. military over strategy to fight Islamic State
- Senate gives final passage to Obama’s plan for arming Syrian rebels
- West tells Iran it must address nuclear bomb fears
- Pope Francis on ISIS persecution of Christians: ‘We are in World War Three’
- Abbott confirms threat to Parliament House
- UN Proposes Emergency Health Mission as Ebola Cases Double Every 3 Weeks
- Scotland Independence Result: ‘No’ to Win with 54% of Votes
Gunman Kills 10-year-old Christian Girl in Egypt
Amid ongoing sectarian violence in Egypt, 10-year-old Jessica Boulous was murdered last Tuesday after walking home from her Bible lesson with her teacher. She was gunned down on the street between Ahmed Esmat Street Evangelical Church and a market while walking home, Morning Star News reports.
A report by Egyptian rights activists claim that Jessica’s teacher stepped into a market and while her back was turned, Jessica was shot in the chest, the bullet pierced her heart and she died instantly.
The gunman has not been identified and no one has yet claimed responsibility over the attack. But Islamic intimidation and attacks against Christians “seems to be normal” in Egypt, said Nasr Allah Zakaria, Jessica’s uncle.