- Tom DeLay: Justice Dept. Wants to Legalize 12 ‘Perversions’
- Isis Expansion Along U.S. Borders
- Federal Government to Step up Bird Flu Monitoring This Fall
- Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians
- Man inspired by U.S. same-sex marriage ruling now challenging court to allow him to marry second wife
- NSA Spies Can Hack Any Computer in ‘A Few Mouse Clicks’
- The South China Sea is now a ‘core interest’ of Beijing — and that’s a problem for its neighbors
- Greek banks down to €500m in cash reserves as economy crashes
- Images Show Chinese Airstrip on Man-Made Spratly Island Nearly Finished
- What’s Putin’s plan? Russian jet ‘shot flares at Swedish plane
Healthcare experts say premiums could go up in January
Lawmakers are hearing the dire warnings about the possibility of big hikes in your health insurance premiums in January.
Senator Chuck Schumer was one of those who voted for the Affordable Health Care Act. So was Congresswoman Louis Slaughter. Both were in town Thursday and News10NBC asked them what can be done to protect people from skyrocketing healthcare costs.
Some healthcare experts are warning that premiums could go up by more than 10% on January 1 when Obamacare kicks in across the country. This is on top of the annual increases we’ve seen in insurance premiums. It’s going to mean less money in your paycheck. Less money for groceries. Less for gas. Less for your family.
Insurance companies in the Rochester area haven’t announced their premium increases yet for next year. One local expert says the public is very much in the dark about healthcare and 2014 is fast approaching. He says substantial health insurance pricing increases in 2014 and beyond seems to be more of a reality with each passing day. News10NBC put that to Senator Schumer and Mrs. Slaughter.