- South Korea declares new air defense zone….Overlaps Chinese and Japanese airspace
- ‘Schizophrenic’ US foreign policy pushing Arab states toward Russia, Bahrain warns
- ‘Saudi intelligence chief met with Israeli officials in Geneva’
- Local Police Departments Have Been Driving Fake Cell Towers Into Neighborhoods To Collect Phone Data
- Scientists Baffled By Lack Of Sunspots
- Lowest ever temperature on the surface of the Earth – minus 132 degrees Fahrenheit recoded by scientists in the Antarctic
Healthcare experts say premiums could go up in January
Lawmakers are hearing the dire warnings about the possibility of big hikes in your health insurance premiums in January.
Senator Chuck Schumer was one of those who voted for the Affordable Health Care Act. So was Congresswoman Louis Slaughter. Both were in town Thursday and News10NBC asked them what can be done to protect people from skyrocketing healthcare costs.
Some healthcare experts are warning that premiums could go up by more than 10% on January 1 when Obamacare kicks in across the country. This is on top of the annual increases we’ve seen in insurance premiums. It’s going to mean less money in your paycheck. Less money for groceries. Less for gas. Less for your family.
Insurance companies in the Rochester area haven’t announced their premium increases yet for next year. One local expert says the public is very much in the dark about healthcare and 2014 is fast approaching. He says substantial health insurance pricing increases in 2014 and beyond seems to be more of a reality with each passing day. News10NBC put that to Senator Schumer and Mrs. Slaughter.