- Obama offers amnesty to 5 million illegal immigrants, defies GOP
- U.S. Electrical, Financial Networks Mapped for Future Cyber Attacks
- Washington Should Consider Lethal Aid To Kyiv
- Russia warns US against supplying ‘lethal defensive aid’ to Ukraine
- Vladimir Putin: we must stop a Ukraine-style ‘colored revolution’ in Russia
- Russian bombers threaten Guam
- China nuclear forces significantly expanding
Is a new Little Ice Age starting in 2013? Snow and ice blanket Wales and Scotland
Elsewhere, homes were battered by torrential rain and gale-force winds.
Shropshire, Dartmoor in Devon, the Pennines in Cumbria, and parts of Wales had up to three inches of snow in the early hours.
Motorists were left struggling as strong winds whipped up blizzards and triggered travel chaos.
In parts of Devon, the winds damaged roofs and felled trees.
Power cuts hit Cornwall on Tuesday night as 65mph gales tore down power lines, plunging about 400 homes into darkness.