- US military ordering troops in Iraq to dust off chemical weapon suits
- Chinese Navy ships enter U.S. territory, come within miles of coast
- Pentagon acknowledges reports of Russian ship off Georgia coast
- World’s Largest Sub Leaves Port for Arctic War Games
- China’s DF-21 ‘carrier killer’ missile could alter balance of power in Pacific
- Iran military plane takes close-up film of US aircraft carrier
- Iranian general vows to ‘cut off hands and fingers’ of enemies
- Armed terror drones to be part of future wars, defense analyst tells ‘Post’
- U.S. Shadowing Russian Ship in Atlantic Near Nuclear Submarine Areas
- Chinese warships spotted off Alaska coast during Obama visit
Italian Islamist Cell “Planned Attacks in Israel, US, Italy”
Italian police arrested four men on Tuesday, who are suspected of planning terrorist attacks in Italy, the US and Israel, reports Reuters News. One of the arrested men is believed to be a Tunisian former imam at a mosque in the city of Andria, in the southern Italian region of Puglia, where police said the terror cell was based. According to paramilitary police, the men aimed to train terrorists and send them to fight abroad, and are suspected of conspiracy to commit international terrorism and incite racial hatred.
According to investigators, the four men focused their recruitment activities among illegal immigrants, who were subsequently sent to training camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Chechnya. Police described the group as being characterized by “fierce anti-Semitism and anti-Western sentiment” and an aversion to states viewed as enemies in the context of religious war.
Authorities further claimed that at least some of the new recruits to the cell carried out attacks in Iraq.