- This Means War: US To Target Putin’s Personal $40 Billion Stash
- US lawmakers call for tighter sanctions on Russia
- Putin’s spokesman: One more NATO step toward Russia to change European security structure
- Obama’s Origins Resurface At Intel Expert’s Trial
- Incredible moment blinding meteorite stuns driver as is it shoots through Russian city at night
- Yen Falls Versus Major Peers After Japan’s Trade Deficit Widens
- BNP Banker, His Wife And Nephew Murdered In Belgium
Italian Islamist Cell “Planned Attacks in Israel, US, Italy”
Italian police arrested four men on Tuesday, who are suspected of planning terrorist attacks in Italy, the US and Israel, reports Reuters News. One of the arrested men is believed to be a Tunisian former imam at a mosque in the city of Andria, in the southern Italian region of Puglia, where police said the terror cell was based. According to paramilitary police, the men aimed to train terrorists and send them to fight abroad, and are suspected of conspiracy to commit international terrorism and incite racial hatred.
According to investigators, the four men focused their recruitment activities among illegal immigrants, who were subsequently sent to training camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Chechnya. Police described the group as being characterized by “fierce anti-Semitism and anti-Western sentiment” and an aversion to states viewed as enemies in the context of religious war.
Authorities further claimed that at least some of the new recruits to the cell carried out attacks in Iraq.