- Special operations contractors to deploy ‘high threat team’ to Ferguson
- Obama weighs broader move on legal immigration
- Ominous signs point to ISIS connection at US southern border
- Clashes As Liberia Slum Sealed Off To Curb Ebola
- N.Korea Moves Tanks, Armored Vehicles to Chinese Border
- Islamic State warns it has sleeper cells in the West, raises the stakes with beheading of American
- James Foley’s Parents: ‘We Know He’s In Heaven’
Italian Islamist Cell “Planned Attacks in Israel, US, Italy”
Italian police arrested four men on Tuesday, who are suspected of planning terrorist attacks in Italy, the US and Israel, reports Reuters News. One of the arrested men is believed to be a Tunisian former imam at a mosque in the city of Andria, in the southern Italian region of Puglia, where police said the terror cell was based. According to paramilitary police, the men aimed to train terrorists and send them to fight abroad, and are suspected of conspiracy to commit international terrorism and incite racial hatred.
According to investigators, the four men focused their recruitment activities among illegal immigrants, who were subsequently sent to training camps in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen and Chechnya. Police described the group as being characterized by “fierce anti-Semitism and anti-Western sentiment” and an aversion to states viewed as enemies in the context of religious war.
Authorities further claimed that at least some of the new recruits to the cell carried out attacks in Iraq.