- Putin and Patriarch Kirill visit Greece for historic pipeline deal and Mount Athos visit
- Turkey and US launch airstrikes in Syria: Are they striking Assad?
- Argentina’s Operation Condor revived: 15 arrested in kidnap-assassinatation plot
- U.S. Okinawa base begins 30 day mourning for killed Japanese women
- Presence of famous Iranian general in Iraq has Sunni’s up in arms
- French fuel frenzy fades, but PM says crisis not over
- Zika looms over Rio Olympics, WHO says game on
- TBN’s Jan Crouch Suffers Massive Stroke
- Russia blames U.S. for escalating conflict in Syria
- Trump wants to reverse Obama’s climate change agenda
Kurds accuse Turkey of supporting ISIS in Syria
(TRUNEWS) A Kurdish commander claims to have proof Turkey is supporting ISIS.
The Express has reported the ISIS has received weapons from the Turks, Saudis and Qatar according to the co-founder of the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), Murat Karayilan.
“Along with Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Turkey has been sponsoring jihadists [in Syria] that emerged from Al-Qaeda… These states backed and armed radical Salafi groups, which base all of their actions on sharia [law],” he said.
Karayilan accuses Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) of posturing in Syria in order to become a regional leader.
He also points to differences in lifestyle, as the Syrian Kurds are more secular, as the reason Turkish politicians and Muslim extremist groups hate the Kurds in Syria. There is also a fear that if Syrian Kurds gain independence, 20 million Turkish Kurds would try to follow suit.
TRUNEWS reported recently on Sarin gas being supplied to ISIS by Turkey. Russia has claimed Ankara also buys oil from ISIS.
“We’re 100 percent positive Turkey is maintaining contact with IS, we’ve seen it with our own eyes,” the PKK leader said, according to RT.
He also said Turkey and Saudi Arabia have stopped Kurds from being invited to Geneva for the Syria peace talks.