- Bill Gates has revealed what frightens him most: An epidemic so great, it would rapidly wipe out millions worldwide
- South Korea, Saudi Arabia confirm more MERS cases
- Post says bird flu getting worse for its egg supply
- Birds shipped to incinerator and landfills as bird flu spreads to more counties in Iowa
- Pentagon chief urges end to island-building in South China Sea
- Russia masses heavy firepower on border with Ukraine
- U.S. officials say IRS hackers who stole personal tax info are Russians
- ‘They created these people': Rand Paul blames GOP hawks for rise of ISIS
Obama: “Ho Chi Mihn was Inspired by the United States Constitution”
Ho Chi Minh was a Communist terrorist. President Truong Tan Sang, whomObama is trying to win over, is a leading Communist.
“We both reaffirmed the efforts that have been made to deal with war legacy issues. We very much appreciate Vietnam’s continued cooperation as we try to recover our Missing in Action and those that were lost during the course of the war. And I reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to work with Vietnam around some of the environmental and health issues that have continued, decades later, because of the war,” Obama said.
“Finally, we agreed that one of the great sources of strength between our two countries is the Vietnamese American population that is here but obviously has continued strong ties to Vietnam,” Obama said.
Much of America’s Vietnamese population came here as refugees. It’s like claiming that the Cuban community bonds us to Castro.
“At the conclusion of the meeting, President Sang shared with me a copy of a letter sent by Ho Chi Minh to Harry Truman. And we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson. Ho Chi Minh talks about his interest in cooperation with the United States. And President Sang indicated that even if it’s 67 years later, it’s good that we’re still making progress,” Obama said.