- Experts: China And Japan Are Not Going To Back Down From Each Other
- Chinese sovereign fund sells US$5.8bn of Japanese investments in retaliation
- Wider use of Chinese Yuan abroad opens prospects for banks and SMEs
- New Leak: Sweden helps US spy on Russia – Snowden to speak to European Parliament, delegate claims
- Weapons of Last Resort: ECB Considers Extreme Crisis Measures
- Little Ice Age – Scientists predict a century of global cooling
- Ice, Snow and Extreme Cold Across The U.S. – Crops, Cattle, and Logistics Threatened
- Japan‘s tsunami: How clay on the Pacific floor could raise the risk of another mega earthquake
Obama: “Ho Chi Mihn was Inspired by the United States Constitution”
Ho Chi Minh was a Communist terrorist. President Truong Tan Sang, whomObama is trying to win over, is a leading Communist.
“We both reaffirmed the efforts that have been made to deal with war legacy issues. We very much appreciate Vietnam’s continued cooperation as we try to recover our Missing in Action and those that were lost during the course of the war. And I reaffirmed the United States’ commitment to work with Vietnam around some of the environmental and health issues that have continued, decades later, because of the war,” Obama said.
“Finally, we agreed that one of the great sources of strength between our two countries is the Vietnamese American population that is here but obviously has continued strong ties to Vietnam,” Obama said.
Much of America’s Vietnamese population came here as refugees. It’s like claiming that the Cuban community bonds us to Castro.
“At the conclusion of the meeting, President Sang shared with me a copy of a letter sent by Ho Chi Minh to Harry Truman. And we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson. Ho Chi Minh talks about his interest in cooperation with the United States. And President Sang indicated that even if it’s 67 years later, it’s good that we’re still making progress,” Obama said.