- NATO Simulating War Against Russia During Drills – Russian General Staff
- Russia Threatens NATO Over Missile Shield
- Iran poses growing cyber threat to US, study says
- Italy police: Muslims threw Christians overboard during Med voyage
- Bergdahl’s platoon mates: Head of Joint Chiefs knew he walked off base in 2009
- White House sidesteps US drug agency sex party allegation questions
- Woman sacked by Dutch central bank over second job as Nazi dominatrix prostitute
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.