- Rift widens between Obama, U.S. military over strategy to fight Islamic State
- Senate gives final passage to Obama’s plan for arming Syrian rebels
- West tells Iran it must address nuclear bomb fears
- Pope Francis on ISIS persecution of Christians: ‘We are in World War Three’
- Abbott confirms threat to Parliament House
- UN Proposes Emergency Health Mission as Ebola Cases Double Every 3 Weeks
- Scotland Independence Result: ‘No’ to Win with 54% of Votes
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.