- North Korea behind Sony hack
- Sony Pulls the Plug on Dec. 25 Release of ‘The Interview’ After Threats
- North Korea to have 20 nuke bombs by 2016: U.S. expert
- Obama signs bill imposing more sanctions on Russia….U.S. to supply weapons to Ukraine
- Obama Doesn’t Rule Out Presidential Visit to Cuba
- Pope Francis brokered US-Cuba deal at secret Vatican meetings
- Bookies suspend betting on Queen Abdicating as Royal Family gather for pre-Christmas lunch
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.