- UN launches probe into alleged Israeli crimes in Gaza after 650 deaths
- European airlines extend Ben-Gurion flights ban as Israel mulls diverting plans to Eilat
- Month of PLA drills disrupts skies over eastern China
- Netanyahu said to have offered Lewinsky tapes for Pollard
- MH17 crash: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile system
- Jewish groups praise Obama on LGBT worker rights expansion
- Rep. Jordan to IRS on Lost Emails: ‘You Guys Were Never Going to Tell Us Until We Caught You’
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.