- Russia would be able to occupy Baltics in two days- Czech general
- Russia Stations Iskander Missiles in Kaliningrad: NATO Cries Wolf
- Russia Is Set to Triple Nuclear Supersonic Bomber Force
- GDP report expected to show economy shrank
- NORAD jets train in Arctic as Russian flights close to North America increase
- Can the renminbi beat the dollar for currency supremacy?
- ECB warns of contagion risk as Greece delays continue
- IMF’s Lagarde considers Greek exit from eurozone a possibility
- ECB fears ‘abrupt reversal’ for global assets on Fed tightening
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.