- Pope: I’ll be dead in three years
- IS says it has beheaded American journalist
- Iceland raises Bardarbunga volcano alert to orange
- Erupting volcano off Japan could cause tsunami
- China Secretly Conducts Second Flight Test Of New Ultra High-Speed Missile
- Russia tests surface-to-air missiles in military exercises: RIA
- Japan resumes rice exports from Fukushima
Obama Orders Military to Expand Syrian Targets
The Pentagon is apparently developing an expanded list of potential targets in Syria after receiving intelligence that President Bashar Assad has been moving troops and equipment used to employ chemical weapons.
The New York Times reports that President Barack Obama has ordered military chiefs to concentrate on “degrading” the chemical-weapons capabilities of Assad. That involves expanding upon the 50 or so initial sites identified with French forces before the decision to seek congressional approval was taken on Saturday.