- Benghazi terror attack probe to subpoena for access to Hillary Clinton emails from private server
- U.S. ambassador injured in attack by armed assailant
- Russian President Vladimir Putin trying to destroy NATO
- Russia accuses United States of plot to oust President Vladimir Putin via opposition aid
- US hoped to cause mass protests in Russia by sanctions
- Russia is Covering Up the killing of Boris Nemtsov, claims former aide to Vladimir Putin
- Merkel warns Russia of new sanctions if Ukraine ceasefire violated
Rep. Broun: Special Counsel May Be Needed in IRS Scandal
Rep. Paul Broun says congressional investigations into the IRS’ tea party-targeting scandal should be allowed to proceed, but suggested the appointment of a “special counsel” might be necessary to get to the real truth.
“It’s absolutely incredible that this administration would target groups through the IRS that they see as political enemies, and that is intolerable,” the Georgia Republican told Newsmax TV, adding that “it may very well come to the point of having a special counsel” step in to prosecute the case.
Attorney General Eric Holder has already launched a criminal investigation into allegations the IRS kept conservative groups from getting tax exempt status determinations.
Broun, a member of the Republican Study Committee and the Tea Party Caucus, said it’s important to allow the nation’s “system of justice ” to work and “not make a prejudgment” about who was responsible.