- Russia claims to have super weapon that disables western satellites and long range arms
- Russian Bombers Fly Near U.S. on July 4th
- Jerry Falwell’s Son: No Same-Sex Marriage in My Church
- Pope Francis appeals for more inclusive Catholic church during Ecuador visit
- CDC official called Obama ‘Marxist,’ ‘amateur’ over 2014 border surge
- The Marxist face of the Greek crisis
- Marco Rubio Accuses NYT of Attacking Him With ‘Castro Regime’s Propaganda’
- France, Germany demand ‘serious’ proposals from Greece
- Images Show Chinese Airstrip on Man-Made Spratly Island Nearly Finished
- What’s Putin’s plan? Russian jet ‘shot flares at Swedish plane
Rep. Broun: Special Counsel May Be Needed in IRS Scandal
Rep. Paul Broun says congressional investigations into the IRS’ tea party-targeting scandal should be allowed to proceed, but suggested the appointment of a “special counsel” might be necessary to get to the real truth.
“It’s absolutely incredible that this administration would target groups through the IRS that they see as political enemies, and that is intolerable,” the Georgia Republican told Newsmax TV, adding that “it may very well come to the point of having a special counsel” step in to prosecute the case.
Attorney General Eric Holder has already launched a criminal investigation into allegations the IRS kept conservative groups from getting tax exempt status determinations.
Broun, a member of the Republican Study Committee and the Tea Party Caucus, said it’s important to allow the nation’s “system of justice ” to work and “not make a prejudgment” about who was responsible.