- Pentagon Declassifies Documents Confirming Israel Has Nukes
- US helped Israel with H-bomb – 1980s report declassified
- Yemeni president lands in Riyadh; not certain if he will be able to return to Aden
- Saudi envoy to US: Iran advising Yemen rebels
- Islamic State attack on Italy coming
- ‘Huge Surge’ of ‘Unscreened’ Muslims Flooding U.S.
- Feds: Guardsman, cousin plotted to attack Illinois military base, fight for ISIS
- China has two types of missile to attack US satellites: report
Rep. Broun: Special Counsel May Be Needed in IRS Scandal
Rep. Paul Broun says congressional investigations into the IRS’ tea party-targeting scandal should be allowed to proceed, but suggested the appointment of a “special counsel” might be necessary to get to the real truth.
“It’s absolutely incredible that this administration would target groups through the IRS that they see as political enemies, and that is intolerable,” the Georgia Republican told Newsmax TV, adding that “it may very well come to the point of having a special counsel” step in to prosecute the case.
Attorney General Eric Holder has already launched a criminal investigation into allegations the IRS kept conservative groups from getting tax exempt status determinations.
Broun, a member of the Republican Study Committee and the Tea Party Caucus, said it’s important to allow the nation’s “system of justice ” to work and “not make a prejudgment” about who was responsible.