- In Congress, Kerry unsure if Iran wishes to destroy US
- Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site
- Jonathan Pollard, jailed spy for Israel, to be paroled November 20
- China may use microwave weapon against maritime rivals
- China conducts South China Sea live drill ‘to improve at-sea combat ability’
- China’s crusade to remove crosses from churches ‘is for safety concerns’
- USAF Chief Engineer: Directed Energy for Missile Defense ‘At Tipping Point’
- UN Peacekeepers Need Rapid Response Force, More Equipment – Gen. Dempsey
- Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adult leaders
- North Korea threatens to ‘leave no Americans alive’ as Kim Jong-un boasts of nuclear arsenal, on Korean War armistice anniversary
Russia: USA arming al-Qaeda terrorists fighting Syrian government
TEL AVIV – Russia delivered to the Obama administration a list of the names of al-Qaida members among the Syrian rebels, who are receiving arms shipments coordinated by the U.S., according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The list, the officials added, demonstrates the U.S. is failing to vet the rebels being supported by the West for ties to al-Qaida and other jihad groups.
The information comes amid scores of news media reports that the Obama administration is aiding the rebels, including by coordinating Arab arms shipments.
The arming of Syrian rebels is considered highly controversial. A major issue is the inclusion of jihadists, including al-Qaida, among the ranks of the Free Syrian Army and other Syrian opposition groups.
Just last week, WND broke the story that the U.S. in recent weeks aided in the transfer of shoulder-launched, anti-aircraft missiles, or man-portable air-defense systems, to the Syrian rebels, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The Middle Eastern security officials speaking to WND said the latest U.S.-facilitated weapons transfers signify the most advanced deliveries yet to the Syrian rebels.
Confirming WND’s exclusive reporting for over a year, the New York Times reported in March that since early 2012, the CIA has been helping Arab governments and Turkey obtain and ship weapons to the Syrian rebels.