- A new study predicts 2 billion dead, 25-year winter after a ‘limited’ nuclear war
- Solar storm almost fried Earth’s electronics two years ago?
- PLA holds 3-month long exercises
- PLA Navy conduct naval exercises to ‘take back’ lost sea territories
- Obama demands an immediate, unconditional ceasefire in Gaza
- Watch massive dust storm move through Arizona
- Terror Group Threatens to ‘Chop Off the Heads of the Jews’
Russia: USA arming al-Qaeda terrorists fighting Syrian government
TEL AVIV – Russia delivered to the Obama administration a list of the names of al-Qaida members among the Syrian rebels, who are receiving arms shipments coordinated by the U.S., according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The list, the officials added, demonstrates the U.S. is failing to vet the rebels being supported by the West for ties to al-Qaida and other jihad groups.
The information comes amid scores of news media reports that the Obama administration is aiding the rebels, including by coordinating Arab arms shipments.
The arming of Syrian rebels is considered highly controversial. A major issue is the inclusion of jihadists, including al-Qaida, among the ranks of the Free Syrian Army and other Syrian opposition groups.
Just last week, WND broke the story that the U.S. in recent weeks aided in the transfer of shoulder-launched, anti-aircraft missiles, or man-portable air-defense systems, to the Syrian rebels, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The Middle Eastern security officials speaking to WND said the latest U.S.-facilitated weapons transfers signify the most advanced deliveries yet to the Syrian rebels.
Confirming WND’s exclusive reporting for over a year, the New York Times reported in March that since early 2012, the CIA has been helping Arab governments and Turkey obtain and ship weapons to the Syrian rebels.