- A new study predicts 2 billion dead, 25-year winter after a ‘limited’ nuclear war
- Solar storm almost fried Earth’s electronics two years ago?
- PLA holds 3-month long exercises
- PLA Navy conduct naval exercises to ‘take back’ lost sea territories
- Obama demands an immediate, unconditional ceasefire in Gaza
- Watch massive dust storm move through Arizona
- Terror Group Threatens to ‘Chop Off the Heads of the Jews’
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”