- Parliament Hill attack: 1 gunman dead after soldier shot at National War Memorial
- Gohmert Predicts US Will ‘Bring People In’ FROM From Ebola Hot Zone
- Chinese peacekeepers at the Ebola frontlines
- Hamas-sponsor Qatar Eyeing UN Control
- Sweden May Use Military Force Against Alleged Submarine: Armed Forces Chief
- Saudis sound alarm on Obama ‘caving’ to Iran
- Was hit-and-run of two Canadian soldiers an act of terrorism?
- Security of military personnel at home top of mind following hit-and-run
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”