- Sharp rise in number of RAF planes scrambled to face down Russian jets revealed
- China, Russia To Hold Joint Naval, Air Drill
- China’s Christians protest ‘evil’ Communist campaign to tear down crosses
- South China Sea: Beijing blames US military for tensions in region
- Greece debt crisis: IMF staff baulk at signing up to new bailout deal
- Why Italy is the most likely country to leave the euro
- Did Hitler have an atomic weapon? German documentary claims Nazis were developing a ‘flying saucer’ to deliver bomb and had already started tests on Russian POWs
- 4th Planned Parenthood video shows clinic staff knowingly flouting laws
- Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos of Calif. company officials
- Major U.S. companies go nuts for ‘gay’ rights
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”