- U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein publicly accuses CIA of criminal activity, airing intense dispute with spy agency
- Revealed: The evil-looking gadgets Auschwitz guards made as instruments of genocide to stamp tattooed numbers onto doomed prisoners
- Russian Paratroopers Hold Massive Drills as Crimea Vote Nears
- Iranian Guard commander: Our ‘hands remain on the trigger’ to attack Israel
- Did Flight MH370 change course? Search area for missing Malaysia Airlines plane widens as terror attack becomes unlikely
- Scientists call for radiation tests as Fukushima remnants approach coast
- Great Lakes Approach Record With Over 90 Percent Ice Cover
- Volcano erupts in Indonesia: 76,000 evacuated, most of Java’s airports shut
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”