- The strange case of the air marshal who was stabbed by a needle during the Ebola outbreak
- MO Lt. Gov: Officials Must Explain ‘Under Oath’ Why National Guard Stood By as Ferguson Burned
- Ferguson mayor: Delayed National Guard deployment “deeply concerning”
- Ebola outbreak: Sierra Leone workers dump bodies in Kenema
- Bristol scientist says he’s ‘terrified’ of technology developed to stop global warming
- Hagel Tells Congress He is Unaware if Cash Paid in Failed Hostage Release
- Obama to Amnesty Hecklers: ‘Sit Down… Nobody’s Removing You… I Just Took an Action to Change the Law’
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”