- ‘Nothing is beyond our reach,’ National Reconnaissance Office’s new logo claims
- Experts: China And Japan Are Not Going To Back Down From Each Other
- Chinese sovereign fund sells US$5.8bn of Japanese investments in retaliation
- Wider use of Chinese Yuan abroad opens prospects for banks and SMEs
- New Leak: Sweden helps US spy on Russia – Snowden to speak to European Parliament, delegate claims
- Weapons of Last Resort: ECB Considers Extreme Crisis Measures
- Little Ice Age – Scientists predict a century of global cooling
- Ice, Snow and Extreme Cold Across The U.S. – Crops, Cattle, and Logistics Threatened
- Japan‘s tsunami: How clay on the Pacific floor could raise the risk of another mega earthquake
Russian Chemicals Arms Supplies to Syria ‘Hogwash’ – Kremlin
The Kremlin chief of staff on Thursday dismissed as “hogwash” accusations that Russia was supplying chemical weapons and technologies to the Syrian government.
“I heard the Pentagon chief saying that we supply chemical weapons to Syria and then correcting himself that no, not weapons but technologies to develop and produce it – well, this is, pardon me, hogwash,” the head of the Russian presidential administration, Sergei Ivanov, told journalists.
Ivanov, who previously headed the governmental commission on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), said he was “surprised, if not to say shocked,” to hear the US accusation.
The issue has been repeatedly discussed by the presidents of both Russia and the United States, and “no accusations have ever been voiced against Russia that it contributes to the proliferation of WMDs.”
Speaking in testimony before the US congressional Foreign Affairs Committee, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday: “There’s no secret that the Assad regime has had chemical weapons, significant stockpiles of chemical weapons.”