- South Korea declares new air defense zone….Overlaps Chinese and Japanese airspace
- ‘Schizophrenic’ US foreign policy pushing Arab states toward Russia, Bahrain warns
- ‘Saudi intelligence chief met with Israeli officials in Geneva’
- Local Police Departments Have Been Driving Fake Cell Towers Into Neighborhoods To Collect Phone Data
- Scientists Baffled By Lack Of Sunspots
- Lowest ever temperature on the surface of the Earth – minus 132 degrees Fahrenheit recorded by scientists in the Antarctic
Secret Service kept tabs on Reddit co-founder Swartz before his suicide, documents show
U.S. Secret Service documents show that the agency played a key role in the investigation of free-information activist Aaron Swartz and watched his case closely until he committed suicide.
Swartz died in New York City in January as he faced trial on charges he hacked into a Massachusetts Institute of Technology archive of scholarly articles with the aim of making the information freely available.
The documents, released under the Freedom of Information Act, show the Secret Service field office in Boston secured documents and electronic devices seized during a search of Swartz’s home and research office at Harvard University.