- Ebola Is Rapidly Mutating As It Spreads Across West Africa
- Ebola could infect 20,000 people within months
- In Israel, concern as Qaeda-linked rebels seize Syrian side of border
- IDF on high alert in Golan Heights
- Satellite images show Russian troops operating in Ukraine
- U.S. banking group says unaware of any ‘significant’ cyber attack
Secret Service kept tabs on Reddit co-founder Swartz before his suicide, documents show
U.S. Secret Service documents show that the agency played a key role in the investigation of free-information activist Aaron Swartz and watched his case closely until he committed suicide.
Swartz died in New York City in January as he faced trial on charges he hacked into a Massachusetts Institute of Technology archive of scholarly articles with the aim of making the information freely available.
The documents, released under the Freedom of Information Act, show the Secret Service field office in Boston secured documents and electronic devices seized during a search of Swartz’s home and research office at Harvard University.