- National Guard in Texas Could Get Arrest Power
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Possible Illegal Alien with Drug-Resistant Strain of Tuberculosis
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Honduran children may be allowed to apply for U.S. admission from home
- ‘Gestapo’ BLM officers decried in House hearing
- Border official points gun at Boy Scout
- Obama’s dumbest move to date… seizing a foreign bank??
Secret Service kept tabs on Reddit co-founder Swartz before his suicide, documents show
U.S. Secret Service documents show that the agency played a key role in the investigation of free-information activist Aaron Swartz and watched his case closely until he committed suicide.
Swartz died in New York City in January as he faced trial on charges he hacked into a Massachusetts Institute of Technology archive of scholarly articles with the aim of making the information freely available.
The documents, released under the Freedom of Information Act, show the Secret Service field office in Boston secured documents and electronic devices seized during a search of Swartz’s home and research office at Harvard University.