- South Korea declares new air defense zone….Overlaps Chinese and Japanese airspace
- ‘Schizophrenic’ US foreign policy pushing Arab states toward Russia, Bahrain warns
- ‘Saudi intelligence chief met with Israeli officials in Geneva’
- Local Police Departments Have Been Driving Fake Cell Towers Into Neighborhoods To Collect Phone Data
- Scientists Baffled By Lack Of Sunspots
- Lowest ever temperature on the surface of the Earth – minus 132 degrees Fahrenheit recoded by scientists in the Antarctic
See the ultra-goofy François Hollande photo that provoked web glee, unsuccessful attempts at suppression
An unflattering picture of French president François Hollande has provoked an internet storm in France after being leaked and shared on Twitter.
In the image — which the main French news agency AFP attempted to withdraw from circulation — the French president grins in front of a blackboard on which is written: “Today, it’s back to school.”
The photograph was taken on Tuesday during Mr. Hollande’s visit to a school in Denain, northern France, to coincide with the start of term for hundreds of thousands of French pupils. It appears he was pulling a funny face to make the pupils laugh.
The original image came with the caption: “During a visit to the school Denain Michelet, September 3, 2013, Francois Hollande smiles, chairing a panel discussion on the reform of school timetables established by the government.”
AFP initially posted the picture on its website as available for downloading but later issued a “mandatory kill” notice, meaning the photo must not be used.
Despite the ban, the image quickly hit social media sites and provoked a flurry of comments. One wrote: “Here is the new official photo of Francois Hollande. Please put up in all town halls!”