- RAF jets scrambled to meet ‘unusual’ level of Russian bombers that flew close to Britain
- CDC pulls poster saying Ebola can spread through a sneeze
- Mystery drones seen over France’s nuclear plants
- FEMA conducts pandemic training in NY, NJ
- Anti-quarantine nurse Hickox was trained as intelligence officer by the CDC
- Hamas, Islamic Jihad call for Palestinians to step up ‘resistance’ against Israel
- ‘Stay in Australia … behead people': Islamic State ‘plot’ prompted US security fears
Sen. Boxer: More Guns at Campsites Create ‘National Security Threat’
The bill, sponsored by by Senator Tom Corburn (R-OK), garnered 56 votes–just four shy of the 60 needed to pass.
It would have loosened firearms restrictions on “12 million acres that abound in lakes, rivers, campsites, and hiking trails.”
Currently, guns are allowed in these areas for hunting and target shooting, but the guns have to be unloaded while in transport to these activities. Corbun’s bill would have allowed guns on such lands for “any legal purpose.”
According to Fox News, Boxer said allowing more guns on Corps property “would increase danger to dams, flood control systems, and other crucial water projects.” She added, “This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists,” and loosening firearm restrictions on it “sets up a national security threat.”
Corburn said he will keep reintroducing the bill until it passes.