- Islamic State shoots and beheads 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya
- The Terror Strategist: Secret Files Reveal the Structure of Islamic State
- ISIS Secret Service: Slain top strategist’s blueprints reveal covert Syria takeover op
- US Planes Ferry Arms to ISIL – Iranian General
- UN: 90,000 people flee Islamic State advance in western Iraq
- Iran Readies for War, Raises Security Level
- Could Israeli F-35s turn the tables on Iranian S-300 missiles?
Sen. Boxer: More Guns at Campsites Create ‘National Security Threat’
The bill, sponsored by by Senator Tom Corburn (R-OK), garnered 56 votes–just four shy of the 60 needed to pass.
It would have loosened firearms restrictions on “12 million acres that abound in lakes, rivers, campsites, and hiking trails.”
Currently, guns are allowed in these areas for hunting and target shooting, but the guns have to be unloaded while in transport to these activities. Corbun’s bill would have allowed guns on such lands for “any legal purpose.”
According to Fox News, Boxer said allowing more guns on Corps property “would increase danger to dams, flood control systems, and other crucial water projects.” She added, “This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists,” and loosening firearm restrictions on it “sets up a national security threat.”
Corburn said he will keep reintroducing the bill until it passes.