- Pentagon Declassifies Documents Confirming Israel Has Nukes
- US helped Israel with H-bomb – 1980s report declassified
- Yemeni president lands in Riyadh; not certain if he will be able to return to Aden
- Saudi envoy to US: Iran advising Yemen rebels
- Islamic State attack on Italy coming
- ‘Huge Surge’ of ‘Unscreened’ Muslims Flooding U.S.
- Feds: Guardsman, cousin plotted to attack Illinois military base, fight for ISIS
- China has two types of missile to attack US satellites: report
Sen. Boxer: More Guns at Campsites Create ‘National Security Threat’
The bill, sponsored by by Senator Tom Corburn (R-OK), garnered 56 votes–just four shy of the 60 needed to pass.
It would have loosened firearms restrictions on “12 million acres that abound in lakes, rivers, campsites, and hiking trails.”
Currently, guns are allowed in these areas for hunting and target shooting, but the guns have to be unloaded while in transport to these activities. Corbun’s bill would have allowed guns on such lands for “any legal purpose.”
According to Fox News, Boxer said allowing more guns on Corps property “would increase danger to dams, flood control systems, and other crucial water projects.” She added, “This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists,” and loosening firearm restrictions on it “sets up a national security threat.”
Corburn said he will keep reintroducing the bill until it passes.