- Pro-Russian militants killed in Ukraine army base attack as world leaders discuss crisis
- Putin Hopes No Need to Use Russia’s Military Forces in Ukraine
- Poll: Many Americans Consider Obama a ‘Liar’
- Martin Armstrong Warns American Civil Unrest Is Starting Right On Schedule
- Blood moon was a sign from God and now a ‘Huge Event’ will strike mankind, warns church
- Franklin Graham: ‘At Every Turn, the Gay and Lesbian Agenda is Being Pushed by This Administration’
- Passion of Christ religious play banned as it was mistaken for a sex show
Sen. Boxer: More Guns at Campsites Create ‘National Security Threat’
The bill, sponsored by by Senator Tom Corburn (R-OK), garnered 56 votes–just four shy of the 60 needed to pass.
It would have loosened firearms restrictions on “12 million acres that abound in lakes, rivers, campsites, and hiking trails.”
Currently, guns are allowed in these areas for hunting and target shooting, but the guns have to be unloaded while in transport to these activities. Corbun’s bill would have allowed guns on such lands for “any legal purpose.”
According to Fox News, Boxer said allowing more guns on Corps property “would increase danger to dams, flood control systems, and other crucial water projects.” She added, “This critical infrastructure is a target for terrorists,” and loosening firearm restrictions on it “sets up a national security threat.”
Corburn said he will keep reintroducing the bill until it passes.