- FBI’s facial recognition technology goes fully operational
- Why you should be worried about facial recognition
- Ebola ‘spiralling out of control’
- Sabotage suspected as dozens of children reported dead after measles vaccination in Syria
- ‘This isn’t the beginning, it’s the apocalypse’
- Syria: Israel Helping Golan Rebels, ‘Playing with Fire’
- NZ spied on allies, Greenwald claims
Sky to broadcast adverts directly into train passengers’ heads
Passengers leaning their head against the window will “hear” adverts “coming from inside the user’s head”, urging them to download the Sky Go app.
The proposal involves using bone conduction technology, which is used in hearing aids, headphones and Google’s Glass headset, to pass sound to the inner ear via vibrations through the skull.
A video for the Talking Window campaign released by Sky Deutschland and ad agency BBDO Germany states: “Tired commuters often rest their heads against windows. Suddenly a voice inside their head is talking to them. No one else can hear this message.”