- US military ordering troops in Iraq to dust off chemical weapon suits
- Chinese Navy ships enter U.S. territory, come within miles of coast
- Pentagon acknowledges reports of Russian ship off Georgia coast
- World’s Largest Sub Leaves Port for Arctic War Games
- China’s DF-21 ‘carrier killer’ missile could alter balance of power in Pacific
- Iran military plane takes close-up film of US aircraft carrier
- Iranian general vows to ‘cut off hands and fingers’ of enemies
- Armed terror drones to be part of future wars, defense analyst tells ‘Post’
- U.S. Shadowing Russian Ship in Atlantic Near Nuclear Submarine Areas
- Chinese warships spotted off Alaska coast during Obama visit
Texas’ ‘Gosnell’ under criminal investigation for allegedly murdering newborn babies
Houston prosecutors and officials with the state of Texas announced Wednesday that they have launched criminal investigations of Douglas Karpen, the late-term abortionist who twisted newborn babies’ heads off with his bare hands according to his former employees.
After an intense pro-life lobbying effort, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday afternoon it had opened an early probe into allegations raised by three former employees that Karpen was guilty of infanticide in a manner reminiscent of Kermit Gosnell.
“We have several people looking into the allegations,” said Sara Marie Kinney, a spokeswoman for the Harris County DA’s office.
The Texas Department of State Health Services is also looking into the shocking allegations. Carrie Williams, a DSHS spokeswoman, said, “This is a very high priority for us.”
Lt. Gov. David Dewhurt had demanded a full-scale investigation earlier that day.