- U.S. carrier moving off coast of Yemen to block Iranian arms shipments
- Saudi-led strikes hit weapons caches of Iran-backed rebels in Yemen
- US, Ukraine Start Military Training, Defying Russian Fury
- Leaked papers reveal NZ plan to spy on China for US
- Russia back buying gold is bullish sign
- Up to 5.3M chickens face cull after H5N2 found at Iowa farm
- A Biotech Startup Wants To Replace Your Eyeballs With Synthetic Ones
Texas’ ‘Gosnell’ under criminal investigation for allegedly murdering newborn babies
Houston prosecutors and officials with the state of Texas announced Wednesday that they have launched criminal investigations of Douglas Karpen, the late-term abortionist who twisted newborn babies’ heads off with his bare hands according to his former employees.
After an intense pro-life lobbying effort, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday afternoon it had opened an early probe into allegations raised by three former employees that Karpen was guilty of infanticide in a manner reminiscent of Kermit Gosnell.
“We have several people looking into the allegations,” said Sara Marie Kinney, a spokeswoman for the Harris County DA’s office.
The Texas Department of State Health Services is also looking into the shocking allegations. Carrie Williams, a DSHS spokeswoman, said, “This is a very high priority for us.”
Lt. Gov. David Dewhurt had demanded a full-scale investigation earlier that day.