- Ebola fears grow as European and Asian countries on alert
- Killer Ebola is a threat to Britain as experts warn virus is worst world has seen
- Airports alert over Ebola: Passengers from Africa who show symptoms will be sent straight to secure isolation units
- Beijing tests anti-satellite missile: Voice of Russia
- Argentina defaults for second time in 13 years according to S&P as debt talks fail
- Global QE ends as China opens second front in bond tapering
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
Texas’ ‘Gosnell’ under criminal investigation for allegedly murdering newborn babies
Houston prosecutors and officials with the state of Texas announced Wednesday that they have launched criminal investigations of Douglas Karpen, the late-term abortionist who twisted newborn babies’ heads off with his bare hands according to his former employees.
After an intense pro-life lobbying effort, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday afternoon it had opened an early probe into allegations raised by three former employees that Karpen was guilty of infanticide in a manner reminiscent of Kermit Gosnell.
“We have several people looking into the allegations,” said Sara Marie Kinney, a spokeswoman for the Harris County DA’s office.
The Texas Department of State Health Services is also looking into the shocking allegations. Carrie Williams, a DSHS spokeswoman, said, “This is a very high priority for us.”
Lt. Gov. David Dewhurt had demanded a full-scale investigation earlier that day.