- U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein publicly accuses CIA of criminal activity, airing intense dispute with spy agency
- Revealed: The evil-looking gadgets Auschwitz guards made as instruments of genocide to stamp tattooed numbers onto doomed prisoners
- Russian Paratroopers Hold Massive Drills as Crimea Vote Nears
- Iranian Guard commander: Our ‘hands remain on the trigger’ to attack Israel
- Did Flight MH370 change course? Search area for missing Malaysia Airlines plane widens as terror attack becomes unlikely
- Scientists call for radiation tests as Fukushima remnants approach coast
- Great Lakes Approach Record With Over 90 Percent Ice Cover
- Volcano erupts in Indonesia: 76,000 evacuated, most of Java’s airports shut
Texas’ ‘Gosnell’ under criminal investigation for allegedly murdering newborn babies
Houston prosecutors and officials with the state of Texas announced Wednesday that they have launched criminal investigations of Douglas Karpen, the late-term abortionist who twisted newborn babies’ heads off with his bare hands according to his former employees.
After an intense pro-life lobbying effort, the Harris County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday afternoon it had opened an early probe into allegations raised by three former employees that Karpen was guilty of infanticide in a manner reminiscent of Kermit Gosnell.
“We have several people looking into the allegations,” said Sara Marie Kinney, a spokeswoman for the Harris County DA’s office.
The Texas Department of State Health Services is also looking into the shocking allegations. Carrie Williams, a DSHS spokeswoman, said, “This is a very high priority for us.”
Lt. Gov. David Dewhurt had demanded a full-scale investigation earlier that day.