- China Intervened Today to Shore Up Stocks Ahead of Military Parade
- China Sells U.S. Treasuries to Support Yuan
- Ukraine debt crisis: Russia refuses to accept terms as Kiev finally secures debt write-off deal with creditors
- Central bankers at Jackson Hole search for answers on low inflation
- Nasdaq 100 is set to plunge 29%: Technician
- French intelligence fears Islamist ‘missile strike on airliner’ or 9/11-style attack
- ISIS drives toward Turkey in new offensive
- China’s Stocks Slump as Rate Cut Fails to Stop $5 Trillion Rout
- China central bank injects $22B into economy
- Stasi: Donald Trump blames China for biggest theft in U.S. history
UK could have a lesbian monarch, says Lord Norman Tebbit
THE debate in Britain over legalising gay marriage has taken a surreal turn after a senior politician said it could result in a lesbian queen giving birth to an heir by artificial insemination.
Norman Tebbit, a member of Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative party who sits in the House of the Lords, also joked that it could see him marry his own son to escape inheritance tax.
Lord Tebbit’s intervention comes amid fevered debate in parliament over a bill to legalise same-sex marriage, which is opposed by many of Mr Cameron’s Conservative members of parliament.
“I said to a minister I know ‘have you thought this through?’ Because you’re doing the law of succession, too,” Lord Tebbit, 82, told The Big Issue magazine.
“When we have a queen who is a lesbian and she marries another lady and then decides she would like to have a child and someone donates sperm and she gives birth to a child, is that child heir to the throne?
“It’s like one of my colleagues said – we’ve got to make these same-sex marriages available to all.
“It would lift my worries about inheritance tax because maybe I’d be allowed to marry my son. Why not? Why shouldn’t a mother marry her daughter? Why shouldn’t two elderly sisters living together marry each other?”