- In Congress, Kerry unsure if Iran wishes to destroy US
- Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site
- Jonathan Pollard, jailed spy for Israel, to be paroled November 20
- China may use microwave weapon against maritime rivals
- China conducts South China Sea live drill ‘to improve at-sea combat ability’
- China’s crusade to remove crosses from churches ‘is for safety concerns’
- USAF Chief Engineer: Directed Energy for Missile Defense ‘At Tipping Point’
- UN Peacekeepers Need Rapid Response Force, More Equipment – Gen. Dempsey
- Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adult leaders
- North Korea threatens to ‘leave no Americans alive’ as Kim Jong-un boasts of nuclear arsenal, on Korean War armistice anniversary
UK could have a lesbian monarch, says Lord Norman Tebbit
THE debate in Britain over legalising gay marriage has taken a surreal turn after a senior politician said it could result in a lesbian queen giving birth to an heir by artificial insemination.
Norman Tebbit, a member of Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative party who sits in the House of the Lords, also joked that it could see him marry his own son to escape inheritance tax.
Lord Tebbit’s intervention comes amid fevered debate in parliament over a bill to legalise same-sex marriage, which is opposed by many of Mr Cameron’s Conservative members of parliament.
“I said to a minister I know ‘have you thought this through?’ Because you’re doing the law of succession, too,” Lord Tebbit, 82, told The Big Issue magazine.
“When we have a queen who is a lesbian and she marries another lady and then decides she would like to have a child and someone donates sperm and she gives birth to a child, is that child heir to the throne?
“It’s like one of my colleagues said – we’ve got to make these same-sex marriages available to all.
“It would lift my worries about inheritance tax because maybe I’d be allowed to marry my son. Why not? Why shouldn’t a mother marry her daughter? Why shouldn’t two elderly sisters living together marry each other?”