- Pentagon Declassifies Documents Confirming Israel Has Nukes
- US helped Israel with H-bomb – 1980s report declassified
- Yemeni president lands in Riyadh; not certain if he will be able to return to Aden
- Saudi envoy to US: Iran advising Yemen rebels
- Islamic State attack on Italy coming
- ‘Huge Surge’ of ‘Unscreened’ Muslims Flooding U.S.
- Feds: Guardsman, cousin plotted to attack Illinois military base, fight for ISIS
- China has two types of missile to attack US satellites: report
UK could have a lesbian monarch, says Lord Norman Tebbit
THE debate in Britain over legalising gay marriage has taken a surreal turn after a senior politician said it could result in a lesbian queen giving birth to an heir by artificial insemination.
Norman Tebbit, a member of Prime Minister David Cameron’s Conservative party who sits in the House of the Lords, also joked that it could see him marry his own son to escape inheritance tax.
Lord Tebbit’s intervention comes amid fevered debate in parliament over a bill to legalise same-sex marriage, which is opposed by many of Mr Cameron’s Conservative members of parliament.
“I said to a minister I know ‘have you thought this through?’ Because you’re doing the law of succession, too,” Lord Tebbit, 82, told The Big Issue magazine.
“When we have a queen who is a lesbian and she marries another lady and then decides she would like to have a child and someone donates sperm and she gives birth to a child, is that child heir to the throne?
“It’s like one of my colleagues said – we’ve got to make these same-sex marriages available to all.
“It would lift my worries about inheritance tax because maybe I’d be allowed to marry my son. Why not? Why shouldn’t a mother marry her daughter? Why shouldn’t two elderly sisters living together marry each other?”