- This Means War: US To Target Putin’s Personal $40 Billion Stash
- US lawmakers call for tighter sanctions on Russia
- Putin’s spokesman: One more NATO step toward Russia to change European security structure
- Obama’s Origins Resurface At Intel Expert’s Trial
- Incredible moment blinding meteorite stuns driver as is it shoots through Russian city at night
- Yen Falls Versus Major Peers After Japan’s Trade Deficit Widens
- BNP Banker, His Wife And Nephew Murdered In Belgium
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.