- Bubonic plague death in Yumen, China sparks quarantine: Xinhua
- 12 airports in eastern China affected by military drills for one month
- Gaza conflict: Is US pressuring Israel with airport ban?
- BRICS nations could rival US in global influence
- Europe braced for any gas crisis as Russia sanctions escalate
- ‘We will react to NATO build-up’: Putin
- USGS increases earthquake risk along New Madrid Fault
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.