- Vladimir Putin talks ‘statehood’ for south-eastern Ukraine as Kiev’s ships attacked
- Russia ‘practically in a state of war against Europe’ over Ukraine, EU leaders warn
- Putin’s Trump Card In Ukraine: Winter Is Coming
- Hackers Launch All-Out Assault on Norway’s Oil and Gas Industry
- Border security: Islamist terror attack on U.S. from Mexico imminent
- It was already the worst Ebola outbreak in history. Now it’s moving into Africa’s cities.
- Senegal Ebola case ‘a top priority emergency,’ WHO says
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.