- ‘Nothing is beyond our reach,’ National Reconnaissance Office’s new logo claims
- Experts: China And Japan Are Not Going To Back Down From Each Other
- Chinese sovereign fund sells US$5.8bn of Japanese investments in retaliation
- Wider use of Chinese Yuan abroad opens prospects for banks and SMEs
- New Leak: Sweden helps US spy on Russia – Snowden to speak to European Parliament, delegate claims
- Weapons of Last Resort: ECB Considers Extreme Crisis Measures
- Little Ice Age – Scientists predict a century of global cooling
- Ice, Snow and Extreme Cold Across The U.S. – Crops, Cattle, and Logistics Threatened
- Japan‘s tsunami: How clay on the Pacific floor could raise the risk of another mega earthquake
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.