- Hatchet-wielding man shot dead by NYPD cops in Queens; police eye possible terrorism motive
- NYC doctor tests positive for deadly Ebola virus
- Mali authorities report 1st Ebola case as epidemic spreads in W. Africa
- US judge wavers on UN immunity in Haiti cholera case
- Volcano could destroy Japan
- Ottawa gunman told fellow Muslim convert ‘the devil is chasing me’
- FBI warns news outlets that group affiliated with Islamic State is targeting journalists
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.