- Tom DeLay: Justice Dept. Wants to Legalize 12 ‘Perversions’
- Isis Expansion Along U.S. Borders
- Federal Government to Step up Bird Flu Monitoring This Fall
- Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians
- Man inspired by U.S. same-sex marriage ruling now challenging court to allow him to marry second wife
- NSA Spies Can Hack Any Computer in ‘A Few Mouse Clicks’
- The South China Sea is now a ‘core interest’ of Beijing — and that’s a problem for its neighbors
- Greek banks down to €500m in cash reserves as economy crashes
- Images Show Chinese Airstrip on Man-Made Spratly Island Nearly Finished
- What’s Putin’s plan? Russian jet ‘shot flares at Swedish plane
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.