- NATO Simulating War Against Russia During Drills – Russian General Staff
- Russia Threatens NATO Over Missile Shield
- Iran poses growing cyber threat to US, study says
- Italy police: Muslims threw Christians overboard during Med voyage
- Bergdahl’s platoon mates: Head of Joint Chiefs knew he walked off base in 2009
- White House sidesteps US drug agency sex party allegation questions
- Woman sacked by Dutch central bank over second job as Nazi dominatrix prostitute
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.