- Russian UN ambassador comes out swinging on leaked call
- U.S. fighter jets circle Baltics as Putin reignites fear of Russia
- Russia wants IMF to move ahead on reforms without U.S. – sources
- Singapore police probe ‘unnatural’ death of American CEO of bitcoin trader
- Alleged Bitcoin creator taken on wild car chase by media
- Mysterious Blast Lights Up Sky Over Eastern Siberia
- Small Asteroid Gives Earth a Close Shave, 3rd in 2 Days
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.