- Ebola is MUTATING claim scientists tracking outbreak amid fears virus could go AIRBORNE
- Arizona copes with measles outbreak as Super Bowl nears
- RAF fighter jets intercept Russian military planes over the English Channel
- Gorbachev warns Cold War could heat up to all-out war
- U.S. would welcome Japan air patrols in South China Sea
- Deal with Iran at heart of Argentine prosecutor’s death mystery
- Detainee swapped for Bergdahl suspected of militant activities
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.