- Court bars anti-abortion group from releasing new videos of Calif. company officials
- Major U.S. companies go nuts for ‘gay’ rights
- California Drought Could Wipe Cities Off Map If Their Water Runs Out
- Illegal immigration prevention spending in Central America backfires, entices migrants
- United Airlines Breach Linked to Chinese-Origin Hackers Behind OPM Cyber Attack
- China still on track for reserve status bid, says IMF
- China’s Yuan Pushes Deeper Into Global Financial System
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott orders inspections of Planned Parenthood offices
- In Congress, Kerry unsure if Iran wishes to destroy US
- Officials: Iran may take own samples at alleged nuclear site
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.