- Supervisors oppose 120-240 tons of bird flu carcasses in Polk County
- Iowa bird-flu farms fall short on containment measures
- Food Companies Fear Bird Flu May Cause Egg Shortages
- California drought prompting state to cut water for farmers with oldest rights
- Boy Scouts leader Robert Gates says ban on gay adults not sustainable
- U.S. vows to continue patrols after China warns spy plane
- Emails reportedly show confidant told Clinton Benghazi attack planned by fighters tied to Al Qaeda
- FBI used Patriot Act to obtain ‘large collections’ of Americans’ data, DoJ finds
- Spy agencies target mobile phones, app stores to implant spyware
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.