- Obama offers amnesty to 5 million illegal immigrants, defies GOP
- U.S. Electrical, Financial Networks Mapped for Future Cyber Attacks
- Washington Should Consider Lethal Aid To Kyiv
- Russia warns US against supplying ‘lethal defensive aid’ to Ukraine
- Vladimir Putin: we must stop a Ukraine-style ‘colored revolution’ in Russia
- Russian bombers threaten Guam
- China nuclear forces significantly expanding
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.