- Ebola fears grow as European and Asian countries on alert
- Killer Ebola is a threat to Britain as experts warn virus is worst world has seen
- Airports alert over Ebola: Passengers from Africa who show symptoms will be sent straight to secure isolation units
- Beijing tests anti-satellite missile: Voice of Russia
- Argentina defaults for second time in 13 years according to S&P as debt talks fail
- Global QE ends as China opens second front in bond tapering
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.