- Obama says gay marriage a constitutional right
- U.S. military urged to follow Canadian approach on transgender recruits
- Obama’s Deputies Prepare To Print Work Permits For Millions Of Illegals
- Israeli officials fear Obama will try to avoid bringing Iran nuclear deal before Congress
- Obama Could Reduce Nuclear Arsenal Without Harming National Security
- GOP Congressman Calls On Boehner To Convene Emergency Session Over Ebola Crisis
- PLA building fleet of 100 large transport aircraft
UKIP Leader Nigel Farage Barricaded In Pub
UKIP leader Nigel Farage has been escorted away from demonstrators in a police riot van during a campaign trip in Edinburgh.
Mr Farage was heckled by protesters as he was promoting the UKIP candidate in a Scottish by-election.
As he was holding a news conference inside the Canons’ Gait pub on the Royal Mile, just yards from the Scottish Parliament, he was surrounded by dozens of protesters shouting insults at him – some calling him “racist” and “scum”.
Bar staff were forced to clear the pub and the protest spilled outside, obstructing Mr Farage’s exit.
The UKIP leader attempted to make an escape by taxi but protesters blocked its path.
Police eventually escorted Mr Farage back into the pub and barricaded the doors against protesters.