EXCLUSIVE: MGM Says Police Timeline “May Not Be Accurate”

EXCLUSIVE: MGM Says Police Timeline “May Not Be Accurate”
The site of the Route 91 music festival mass shooting is seen outside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. October 2, 2017. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson

The corporate owners of the hotel Steven Paddock used to stage the Las Vegas mass shooting say they “cannot be certain” about what is currently being expressed by law enforcement officials and note that the official timeline “may not be accurate”

VERO BEACH, FL (TruNews) According to an official statement provided to TruNews Tuesday evening by MGM Resorts Spokesperson Debra DeShong, the parent company of the Mandalay Bay hotel is doing “everything” in their power to support law enforcement efforts to provide information to the public, but has doubt about the accuracy and validity of the current official timeline of the attack.

“This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts. As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review. We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publicly, and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate,” DeShong told TruNews.

“We understand the public’s desire for information and the importance of getting our community and the public at large the information they deserve, and we are doing everything we can to support law enforcement’s efforts to do so. Therefore, it is not appropriate for us to comment further at this time on what remains an open matter for law enforcement,” DeShong concluded.

According to a picture exclusively obtained by investigative journalist Laura Loomer, MGM Resorts International’s internal employee database shows no current security and surveillance employee with the name “Jesus Campos.”

Tuesday afternoon a corporate media spokesman for MGM Resorts International declined to comment on that report and instead referenced the recent statement by the Clark County Sheriff's Office regarding Jesus Campos.

In the statement provided to the Los Angeles Times Tuesday, Clark County Assistant Sheriff Tom Roberts confirmed that Jesus Campos called in Steven Paddock's initial attack to hotel security before the mass shooting began using both a hallway phone and his radio.

Roberts declined to provide the specific time for the calls, what details Campos relayed, and whether the information was successfully passed to police. 

During a press conference Monday, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo confirmed Campos’ notification to hotel security had not been effectively forwarded to local law enforcement before, during or shortly after Paddock’s killing spree, by stating that the impromptu SWAT team which initially breached Paddock’s 32nd floor room “didn't know” a hotel security guard had been shot until they met him in the hallway after exiting the elevator.

Additionally, MGM Resorts International specifically declined to confirm whether Jesus Campos was still employed with the organization, raising questions about his future with the organization he reportedly risked his life on behalf of.

Many questions are still unanswered regarding Campos, his training, and his employment history prior to his job with Mandalay Bay hotel, as well as a full account of his actions prior, during and after the mass shooting.

Yesterday, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo announced dramatic changes to the official timeline of the Las Vegas shooting, noting Campos had been shot by Paddock at 9:59 PM, 6 minutes prior to the beginning of the mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest country-music festival, which lasted 10 minutes, and left 58 dead, and 500 others injured.

The following is a summary of the new official timeline, according to Sheriff Lombardo:

09:59 PM - Paddock fires 200 rounds toward Jesus Campos, hitting him once. Campos relays incident to supervisors, retreats toward elevator and is met by an unnamed maintenance worker.

10:05 PM - Paddock begins firing on crowd.

10:15 PM - Paddock’s final shots were fired, 10 minutes after they began.

10:17 PM -  The first two officers arrived on the 32nd floor, meeting Campos by the elevator. Campos relayed Paddock’s room number at this time to a total of eight officers, including LVWPD SWAT officers, who had arrived on the floor.

10:26 to 10:30 PM -The 8 officers moved “systematically” down the hallway with Campos, using his master key card to clear every room and look for additional wounded. According to information released last week by police, the 8 officers acted this way because they did not hear “the gunfire of an active shooter situation.”

10:55 PM -  The eight officers moved to the stairwell at the opposite end of the hallway near Paddock’s room. Around this time Campos is reportedly sent away to receive medical treatment for his wound.

11:20 PM - Officers set off the first explosive breach outside Paddock’s room and entered, observing “the suspect down on the ground” and also identifying a closed door to the adjoining room of the two bedroom suite.

11:27 PM - Officers set off the second explosive breach to open the adjoining door and radioed that Steven Paddock was “down.” A leaked photo of his body appears to show he sustained a fatal wound in and around his skull, and no official time of death has been released by authorities.

Additionally, Sheriff Lombardo confirmed Monday that Paddock had arrived at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Monday, September 25th, not Thursday September, 28th, a fact first documented and reported by investigative journalist Laura Loomer.

Sheriff Lombardo also confirmed that Paddock had arrived at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Monday, September 25th, not Thursday September, 28th, a fact first documented and reported exclusively by Laura Loomer.

RELATED ARTICLES

MGM Scrubs Jesus Campos From Employee Database

Sheriff: Paddock Shot Jesus Campos BEFORE Shooting Crowd

TruNews story, Listen here

Please contact TRUNEWS correspondent Edward Szall with any news tips related to this story.
Email: Edward.Szall@trunews.com | Twitter: @realEdwardSzall 
DOWNLOAD THE TRUNEWS MOBILE APP on Apple and Google Play
  • Get it on Google Play

Donate Today!

Support TRUNEWS to help build a global news network that provides a credible source for world news


We believe Christians need and deserve their own global news network to keep the worldwide Church informed, and to offer Christians a positive alternative to the anti-Christian bigotry of the mainstream news media

You May Also Like